DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   EX1 service turnaround? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/135609-ex1-service-turnaround.html)

Thierry Humeau October 11th, 2008 08:09 AM

EX1 service turnaround?

Hi,

I sent my EX1 to Sony's service center in Teaneck a bit more than 3 weeks ago for routine service and do not have a clear idea when I will get my camera back yet. I called a couple of times and it sounds as if they have quite a backlog of EX1 to service. What kind of turnaround have you guys got from the Teaneck service center?

Thanks.

Thierry.

Andrew Hollister October 11th, 2008 08:15 AM

mine went it a while ago, but I believe it was a 2-3 week wait
with lots of useless phone calls

Chris Leong October 11th, 2008 08:51 AM

Sony West Coast (Burbank) verbally confirmed a turnaround of 15 working days as of last Friday.

Brian Karr October 11th, 2008 01:19 PM

I had the vignette issue taken care of in San Jose and they were quick and very helpful.

Bob Jackson October 11th, 2008 06:45 PM

Sony Western Canada says that the update takes 3 hours now.
If you make an appointment they will do it same day.
The tech told me that 2 power boards and the rear panel are replaced with improved types, plus firmware update.
Can't beat that, although it costs $100 Can, which is now probably only $80 American.....

Matthew Hurley October 14th, 2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry Humeau (Post 949613)
Hi,

I sent my EX1 to Sony's service center in Teaneck a bit more than 3 weeks ago for routine service and do not have a clear idea when I will get my camera back yet. I called a couple of times and it sounds as if they have quite a backlog of EX1 to service. What kind of turnaround have you guys got from the Teaneck service center?

Thanks.

Thierry.

Thierry.

20 working days is what you should expect at this time. This meaning roughly 4 weeks. I just received mine back. All is working well. Had a major shoot saturday. Zero room for errors. Fortunately the camera operated perfectly. After all the fixes, my comfort level with this camera has increased greatly.

Thierry Humeau October 15th, 2008 06:00 AM

I just heard yesterday that the camera will be serviced today so yes, that woud be a 4-week turnaround. I noticed on Teaneck's service phone message that you can actually schedule service/repair, may be I should have gave this a try.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thierry.

Jason Bodnar October 15th, 2008 11:04 AM

This is insane!!!!!!! A month with no EX... I was considering sending mine in for the paint wear issue and the battery drain issue but not until they get a a grip on turn around times, I need two cameras at all times and I am not buying a third right now. If Sony is going to take your $$$ maker away for a month they should provide a loaner or eat the cost and replace your camera, they can then sell your old one as refurbished after they fix it. I do not know about others but this just seems crazy!

Scott Hayes October 15th, 2008 11:07 AM

has anyone used the service center in Laredo TX?

Scot Lenter October 16th, 2008 12:37 PM

The Laredo center is for consumer items only