DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   XDCAM EX and Final Cut Express? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/142770-xdcam-ex-final-cut-express.html)

Greg Kiger January 30th, 2009 05:27 PM

XDCAM EX and Final Cut Express?

I cannot get the XDCAM Transfer Software to recognize any of the HD footage from my XDCAM.

At the startup of XDCAM Transfer it lists all the components I'm missing, and they all seem to be tied in with Final Cut Pro. Is FCP my only option with this camera? Can I find the components somewhere else? Or, am I just doing something wrong? Please let me know.

Here's a list of the missing components: MPEG IMX Codecs, XDCAM HD (25Mb/s CBR) Codecs, XDCAM HD (VBR) Codecs. XDCAM EX Codecs, XDCAM HD422 Codecs.

I was really hoping to just use Final Cut Express to do my editing, but that prospect is looking more and more bleak as I look further into it.

I'm using a 2.6 Ghz 17" Mac Book Pro running 10.5.6.

I look forward to your input.

Thanks.

Craig Seeman January 30th, 2009 06:34 PM

FCP 6.0.2 and up.
I don't think Final Cut Express supports XDCAM.
Download the demo of this as it's the codec for non Final Cut Pro systems but I'm not sure if it'll create a conflict with FCE.
Calibrated{Q} XD Decode

Greg Kiger February 5th, 2009 07:12 PM

Hey Craig, we are into downloading this and it appears to work. bought the full non-trial version and will put it to the test.

get back to you soon

thanks again!!

greg kiger
st louis

Greg Kiger February 11th, 2009 12:20 PM

It Worked!!!

Craig,

It works great. In my workflow, I don't actually use the Calibrated XD software itself, but needed the plugins provided with it to view the raw XDCAM footage in XDCAM Transfer. Thanks to your help, I can now work with Final Cut Express instead of Final Cut Pro for the time being.

One more thing, I still seem to be missing the IMX codec. Is this something I will eventually need, or can I disregard it?

Thanks for your help.

Greg Kiger
Saint Louis

Greg Kiger February 11th, 2009 01:48 PM

Ah, looks like the fine folks at Calibrated Software also offer a Calibrated{Q} IMX Decode codec as well - this is for Sony IMX 30/40/50 Mb SD Files - that's what the iMX codec is needed for. So if you are only shooting HD and not using SD then you don"t have to worry about it. Cool :)

Thanks

Greg Kiger
St louis

Greg Kiger February 11th, 2009 01:50 PM

Ah, looks like the fine folks at Calibrated Software also offer a Calibrated{Q} IMX Decode codec as well - this is for Sony IMX 30/40/50 Mb SD Files - that's what the iMX codec is needed for. So if you are only shooting HD and not using SD then you don"t have to worry about it. Cool :)

Thanks

Greg Kiger
St louis

Bob Jackson February 11th, 2009 05:53 PM

AFAIK FCP Express is for Dv only.
But I was once wrong before....

Noah Kadner February 12th, 2009 01:00 AM

XDCAM EX is not supported in FCE.

Noah