DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   What's So Great About XDCAM EX? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/143729-whats-so-great-about-xdcam-ex.html)

Jay Gladwell February 13th, 2009 01:53 PM

What's So Great About XDCAM EX?

For those of you who came here to learn more about the XDCAM EX cameras, I encourage you to take the time (75 minutes) and watch this informative, in-depth video. It was produced by Doug Jensen (Vortex Media). It should answer most, if not all, of your questions about the EX series of cameras.

Vortex Media: VIDEO & PHOTO Tools and Training

Buba Kastorski February 13th, 2009 03:35 PM

Great,
Thanks!

David Issko February 13th, 2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Gladwell (Post 1011565)
For those of you who came here to learn more about the XDCAM EX cameras, I encourage you to take the time (75 minutes) and watch this informative, in-depth video. It was produced by Doug Jensen (Vortex Media). It should answer most, if not all, of your questions about the EX series of cameras.

Vortex Media: VIDEO & PHOTO Tools and Training

yes doug and his colleagues have created wonderful ex1 and ex3 dvd sets that can take pride of place on the reference material shelves of experienced and first time users of these cameras as even the experienced operators wont use all of the functions on a continual basis and unless you keep using certain functions often, most of us - me especially - forget.

quickly referring to doug's dvds is one easy way to be reminded.

Bryan Daugherty February 13th, 2009 04:19 PM

Jay-Thank you for the link. This is so informative. I have been leaning toward a Z5U for this year with an upgrade to EX3 next year due to budget reasons but this has me really reconsidering my choices... Thanks for sharing.

Noah Kadner February 13th, 2009 04:35 PM

Definitely- love the EX3 disc. We sell it too. :)

-Noah

Dean Harrington February 14th, 2009 05:31 PM

Dvd ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Issko (Post 1011625)
yes doug and his colleagues have created wonderful ex1 and ex3 dvd sets that can take pride of place on the reference material shelves of experienced and first time users of these cameras as even the experienced operators wont use all of the functions on a continual basis and unless you keep using certain functions often, most of us - me especially - forget.

quickly referring to doug's dvds is one easy way to be reminded.

Doug's EX3 DVD training has helped tremendously to get up to speed quickly on my camera! Good reference for using the camera! Doug's suggested settings are really good. I keep going back to the video for a refresher as well.

Joe Yaggi February 20th, 2009 09:57 PM

These aren't by chance available in Asia?

Dean Harrington February 20th, 2009 10:13 PM

No ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Yaggi (Post 1015522)
These aren't by chance available in Asia?

Get them direct from Studio 1 productions.com

Doug Jensen February 21st, 2009 05:51 AM

I thank everyone for the postive comments about the DVDs. It is great to know they are helping people get the most out of of their camera!

You can order direct from Vortex Media's website Vortex Media: VIDEO & PHOTO Tools and Training
We ship worldwide and we also have several international resellers listed on the website.

Dean Harrington February 21st, 2009 08:19 AM

doug ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug Jensen (Post 1015673)
I thank everyone for the postive comments about the DVDs. It is great to know they are helping people get the most out of of their camera!

You can order direct from Vortex Media's website Vortex Media: VIDEO & PHOTO Tools and Training
We ship worldwide and we also have several international resellers listed on the website.

Thanks for correcting me on that. Love the DVD on the EX3