What's So Great About XDCAM EX? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 13th, 2009, 01:53 PM   #1

What's So Great About XDCAM EX?

For those of you who came here to learn more about the XDCAM EX cameras, I encourage you to take the time (75 minutes) and watch this informative, in-depth video. It was produced by Doug Jensen (Vortex Media). It should answer most, if not all, of your questions about the EX series of cameras.

Vortex Media: VIDEO & PHOTO Tools and Training
Jay Gladwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2009, 03:35 PM   #2
Trustee

Great,
Thanks!
Buba Kastorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2009, 03:55 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Gladwell View Post
For those of you who came here to learn more about the XDCAM EX cameras, I encourage you to take the time (75 minutes) and watch this informative, in-depth video. It was produced by Doug Jensen (Vortex Media). It should answer most, if not all, of your questions about the EX series of cameras.

Vortex Media: VIDEO & PHOTO Tools and Training
yes doug and his colleagues have created wonderful ex1 and ex3 dvd sets that can take pride of place on the reference material shelves of experienced and first time users of these cameras as even the experienced operators wont use all of the functions on a continual basis and unless you keep using certain functions often, most of us - me especially - forget.

quickly referring to doug's dvds is one easy way to be reminded.
Old February 13th, 2009, 04:19 PM   #4
Major Player

Jay-Thank you for the link. This is so informative. I have been leaning toward a Z5U for this year with an upgrade to EX3 next year due to budget reasons but this has me really reconsidering my choices... Thanks for sharing.
Old February 13th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #5
Better than Halle Berry

Definitely- love the EX3 disc. We sell it too. :)

-Noah
Noah Kadner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2009, 05:31 PM   #6
Major Player

Dvd ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Issko View Post
yes doug and his colleagues have created wonderful ex1 and ex3 dvd sets that can take pride of place on the reference material shelves of experienced and first time users of these cameras as even the experienced operators wont use all of the functions on a continual basis and unless you keep using certain functions often, most of us - me especially - forget.

quickly referring to doug's dvds is one easy way to be reminded.
Doug's EX3 DVD training has helped tremendously to get up to speed quickly on my camera! Good reference for using the camera! Doug's suggested settings are really good. I keep going back to the video for a refresher as well.
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #7
Regular Crew

These aren't by chance available in Asia?
Old February 20th, 2009, 10:13 PM   #8
Major Player

No ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Yaggi View Post
These aren't by chance available in Asia?
Get them direct from Studio 1 productions.com
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2009, 05:51 AM   #9
Vortex Media

I thank everyone for the postive comments about the DVDs. It is great to know they are helping people get the most out of of their camera!

You can order direct from Vortex Media's website Vortex Media: VIDEO & PHOTO Tools and Training
We ship worldwide and we also have several international resellers listed on the website.
Doug Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2009, 08:19 AM   #10
Major Player

doug ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Jensen View Post
I thank everyone for the postive comments about the DVDs. It is great to know they are helping people get the most out of of their camera!

You can order direct from Vortex Media's website Vortex Media: VIDEO & PHOTO Tools and Training
We ship worldwide and we also have several international resellers listed on the website.
Thanks for correcting me on that. Love the DVD on the EX3
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds