DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Tiffen T1 IR is available (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/465838-tiffen-t1-ir-available.html)

Vincent Oliver November 20th, 2009 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Wilson (Post 1449592)
[Apologies if this shouldn't be posted - as far as I can tell, there are no UK sponsors at present]

Just spoke to Top Teks in the UK and they have had their first 4 T1 filters come in, and go straight out. More are on order. They are quoting £60 plus £6 postage plus VAT and will put your name down against future stock.

N

I ordered this from Top Teks about two weeks ago, it is being delivered today. Put your name on their pre-order list, they will ring you when it becomes available.

Vincent Oliver November 20th, 2009 05:06 AM

Just as I finished posting my previous reply, the courier delivered my Tiffen filter from Top Teks. It is the slim version with only the lens thread, but that is no problem as I do not intend to use extra filters.

I also received an extra battery BP-U60 from another supplier, I can't get over the price of this £192. In my opinion this is a downright rip-off, but unfortunately I need the battery for my assignment in Africa next month.

Paul Kellett November 20th, 2009 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincent Oliver (Post 1450002)

I also received an extra battery BP-U60 from another supplier, I can't get over the price of this £192. In my opinion this is a downright rip-off, but unfortunately I need the battery for my assignment in Africa next month.

Why didn't you get the swit battery ? It's about half the price, same capacity and has a D-tap outlet.

Paul.

Vincent Oliver November 20th, 2009 05:38 AM

From what I have read it is also about twice the size and the lead is for the EX1.

Paul Kellett November 20th, 2009 06:32 AM

No it's not twice the size, just a tiny bit bigger, the EX1 and EX3 swit battery is the same except that the EX3 version has a slightly longer lead.

Paul.

Uwe Boettcher November 20th, 2009 10:45 AM

Hello!

Who can show some footage filmed with the Tiffen T1?

Uwe

Paul Inglis November 20th, 2009 11:18 AM

I've had mine on order with Top-Teks for weeks. Got a phone call yesterday telling me they had one with my name on it. Just waiting for it to arrive (next day is always two days to the Isle of Man) plus the boats and flights were cancelled yesterday due to the Force Nine Gale winds and rain, we had :) so thats probably slowed things further.

Lance Librandi November 22nd, 2009 07:00 AM

Hello All,
I have just completed a shoot and used the Tiffen IR filter and my black's on dinner suites are dark and rich and really stand out with the whites of the shirts. I am glad I purchased this filter as the event I have just covered they had black tablecloths. This is the coating that Sony should have included into the camera's ND filters and no one would have a problem.

I can really recommend this Filter it is a must have for EX1/3 owners

Uwe Boettcher November 22nd, 2009 12:21 PM

Can we see it?

Dean Harrington November 22nd, 2009 08:00 PM

Good news ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance Librandi (Post 1450773)
Hello All,
I have just completed a shoot and used the Tiffen IR filter and my black's on dinner suites are dark and rich and really stand out with the whites of the shirts. I am glad I purchased this filter as the event I have just covered they had black tablecloths. This is the coating that Sony should have included into the camera's ND filters and no one would have a problem.

I can really recommend this Filter it is a must have for EX1/3 owners

Thanks Lance ... I'm still waiting for an email stating mine is on it's way. I have no idea when it will be sent but ASAP is best. I recently shot a jazz performance and invariably the blacks looked brown.

Lance Librandi November 22nd, 2009 11:22 PM

Hi Dean,
A word of caution if you are using a matte box with the 4x4 version do not leave any another filter attached to the camera lens as you will suffer from secondary reflection onto the 4x4.

Dean Harrington November 23rd, 2009 04:26 PM

Didn't realize ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance Librandi (Post 1451068)
Hi Dean,
A word of caution if you are using a matte box with the 4x4 version do not leave any another filter attached to the camera lens as you will suffer from secondary reflection onto the 4x4.

the T1 has the same propensity as the 486?

Trevor Meeks November 23rd, 2009 05:49 PM

Just ordered a 4x5.65 T1 IR from Abel Cine - they have 19... er, 18... in stock. Can't wait to finally have this issue resolved!!

Paul Inglis November 24th, 2009 08:36 AM

Well, my Tiffen T1 IR Filter has just arrived, from Top-Teks! It has a thread front and back. However it fits perfectly under the lens hood. Did a couple of test shots on a shirt I know turned brown/red and it is now a deep rich black, just as you’d see with the naked eye! Brilliant!

Rick Jones November 24th, 2009 01:39 PM

They seem to have stock at Filmtools. My 4x5.65 is shipping today.