Have the SxS problems been resolved with Final Cut - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 5th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #16
Sponsor: Westside AV

Have you trashed the FCP prefs lately?
Olof Ekbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2010, 09:35 PM   #17
Major Player

Yes, actually I did all that with an APPLE care guy and we couldn't figure it out. Basically, if I use Log and Transfer in FCP 7 it'll indeed import all the clips but the browser will crash if I have thumbnail view when I scroll and if I play any clips on my timeline (24p Pro Res) FCP will crash.

But when I use XDcam transfer and then import each mov file into bin no problem. So I wonder if that SxS driver is necessary or what? I can't seem to find it or it won't show up after install. Either way can't import via FCP7 without issues.
Kent Beeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2010, 10:20 PM   #18
Sponsor: Westside AV

Kent, you may want to post this on the FCP forum. Someone there may have an idea.

I never use the import in FCP I always use the transfer program. And I never have a problem 24p or otherwise. It is just how I do it, but I know lots of people use the FCP way w/o problems.

It may be you have to reinstall everything, OS and all the apps. After reformatting your system drive. I have had to do this in the past a few times. I call it the sledge hammer fix. It can be almost impossible to figure out what is wrong some times, so just start fresh.

I usually do it by installing a new drive and keeping the old one for backup. Over the last 20 years or so I have had to do it about 5 times on my systems, it always works, I have 5 editing systems (so it is not that bad). And I have done it for other people maybe 20 times or so, I trouble shoot a lot of computers.

And when you do this keep the system really simple. Only install what you need to edit video, no extra anything. Make sure everything works, then install 3rd party stuff just one at a time, check everything after each install, you may find a culprit, or not. But at least your system is clean and it will work fine.
Olof Ekbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2010, 10:22 PM   #19
Major Player

Thanks for your thoughts...
Kent Beeson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds