ex1/r users, handheld/tripod/monopod - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 17th, 2010, 04:38 AM   #16
Regular Crew

At the moment the EXMount is focused on the EX-3 - but we are looking at making some adaptations for other cameras.

We recently sold a mount to an EX-1 user - and as far as I know, he's happy with the way its working with his EX-1.

We've had a lot of enquiries about using the mount with a range of cameras - so it is something we'll be looking at closer in the next few weeks.

Any feedback, questions etc are welcomed.

Mark
Mark Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2010, 04:57 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Hey Jim I find that the Ex-1 R using the large sony battery and the Hoodman adapter on the fold out viewfinder works super. I stuck some foam padding on the end of the battery and it rests on my clavicle area comfortably. However, I know you shoot with your left eye and that may be a problem. I am also left eyed but I found out if I forced my self to use my right eye that after a while my dominance changed. I had the same problem with my operating microscope in my practice. I am naturally left handed and left eyed but when a child was changed to right handed. Now I can't write with either hand.. :) It took a while but my dominance switched to my right eye. If I stay off the scope or the camera for a few days it takes a few minutes to switch. I have heard of helicopter pilots having sighting problems with the view finder on their guns when they were left eyed. However, most of them were able to switch dominance. Wearing a patch for a day or so over your left eye may help. I write all of this assuming that your problem is dominance. If you have a vision problem with your right eye then all my advice is bogus.

Of all the XDCAM cameras I have owned I like the ex-R the best. I think it gives the most bang for the buck.

Take care

Ronie
Old December 22nd, 2010, 10:03 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Almost everything I shoot is handheld and I use this piece of equipment with the little cameras. I started using this with the DVX100, and now use it even on my EX3 for support.
Davis & Sanford Steady Stick Compact for Camcorders with 1/4"-20 Tripod Connection (I took off the handle part that sticks out.)
It goes to my waist and disconnects easily when I don't need it. It also just hangs from my belt when I am not using it, so it is better than a monopod that I have to set it down and then find it again when I want it.
Of course, like everything, it's a personal thing, and I have used it so much I am used to it, but other people I have shown this to have liked it.
I can really shoot all day without too much fatigue, and I can get pretty decent steady long lens shots. It is also great for quickie interviews, I can hold the camera at their eyelevel and keep pretty good eye contact with only an occasional glance at the screen.
It's cheap too! But I love it so much I am on my second one, having worn out the first one!
Dana Kupper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds