DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Mountain lion experiences? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/509566-mountain-lion-experiences.html)

Kevin Spahr July 25th, 2012 11:30 AM

Mountain lion experiences?

Anybody try XDCAM software with this new OS yet?

Trying to find out how much of my important software will continue to work with 10.8.

Robin Probyn July 26th, 2012 09:45 AM

Re: Mountain lion experiences?

Oh god.. another new OS.. just got over the last one..

Alister Chapman July 26th, 2012 02:36 PM

So far so good. XDCAM browser appears to be OK. Have only updated my laptop, won't do the edit machine for a while.

Kevin Spahr July 26th, 2012 03:36 PM

Hi Alister, Hate to change the subject but I was wondering if any of these resent CMEs have produced aroras where you're at?
Every time one hits here it is overcast, then I read where people way south of us had seen some!

Alister Chapman July 27th, 2012 05:36 AM

No, been clouded out here. Waiting for the longer winter nights and Solar Max is still about 6 to 8 months away. Biggest problem around here is the street lights and light pollution make it impossible to see unless it's incredibly bright, even out of town it's hardto get away from light pollution, probably need Kp +10 to get a shot of seeing it in the south of the UK. Going up to Norway in December and for most of February next year. Northern lights Expeditions to Norway. |

Ronald Jackson July 27th, 2012 06:39 AM

Reports of the Aurora Borealis being seen from Essex last week. Essex not exactly in the sticks, well not that way,

Ron

Cole McDonald July 27th, 2012 08:40 AM

I'm still on snow leopard... Killing off "Spaces" was a no go for me, it's fundamental to my workflow. I tried it and hated all the little changes from previous versions... all those little reasons that I preferred the Mac over Windows. Bad changes for what seems no reason to me. Not big fundamental changes, but little annoying ones.

Alister Chapman July 28th, 2012 09:42 AM

I'm getting a noticeable performance improvement with Mountain Lion. My laptop is more responsive, applications open faster and and the machine doesn't bog down as much when I have lots of apps open. It feels like I've added a load of extra ram.

Martin Phillips July 30th, 2012 03:14 AM

Have found being able to view AVCHD footage straight from file to be really helpful. Also FCPX seems to be a bit snappier. Pity the broadcast monitoring through AJA Kona LHi is still a bit iffy though.

Kevin Spahr August 1st, 2012 03:03 PM

Found this nice App Compatibility list for Mountain Lion:

App Compatibility Table - RoaringApps - App compatibility and feature support for OS X & iOS

Robin Probyn August 2nd, 2012 07:01 AM

No mention of XDCAM Browser 2.1 at all.. ? only much older software ..

Kevin Spahr August 2nd, 2012 07:33 AM

I did some reading last night on the Apple Support Form and it seems people have had a large number of problems with this update. What scares me is the talk of loosing audio or stuttering audio. I use my laptop with Mainstage to run sound for my wife's band and we can't risk problems.

I think I'm going to pass the Mountain Lion by till the complaints subside.

Marcus Durham August 2nd, 2012 08:13 AM

I'd love to say what my ML experience have been, except I've had two redemption download codes sent so far by Apple, neither of which worked.

Doh!

Personally I think they are sending me US codes which don't work on the UK app store. But what would I know? I'm probably not holding it right or something!

Alister Chapman August 3rd, 2012 11:14 AM

On Snow Leopard I was having some issues with video playback and system crashes with Premiere CS6. Out of frustration I updated the edit suite today to Mountain Lion. What a difference, smooth video playback, better audio handling and no crashes so far.

Marcus Durham August 5th, 2012 11:10 AM

Had it a day and a half now.

Doesn't seem a huge jump from Lion. But critically nothing seems broken so far.

By the way, for anyone who is entitled to a free copy of Mountain Lion, the code Apple send you via email isn't for the app store. Instead it unlocks a PDF they send attached to another email. Within that PDF is the actual redemption code.

Confusing? Well, yes!