Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XAVC and XDCAM Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM HD CineAlta

Sony XDCAM HD CineAlta
Sony PDW700, F335, F355, F30, F70, and other XDCAM and CineAlta hardware.

Old October 12th, 2011, 08:32 AM   #1
Regular Crew

PDW F-350 (DXF-20W) viewfinder needed

My viewfinder is acting up. Yesterday it started to expand and contract slightly and quiver a bit. It occurred after about three hours of pretty steady shooting. It didn't quit on me, but I didn't like it. A few hours later it worked fine again.
The viewfinder has been in to Sony in the past to try and correct a fairly regular occurrence of the image becoming very contrasty and dark. Intermittent sort of thing. No luck making it happen in the shop, so it didn't get fixed.
Anyhow, I am looking at sending it into Sony for repair, but that's going to be at least a week turn around. I'm into my busy season with the camera working nearly daily. The cost of the rental replacement camera could exceed the price of a new vf.
So I'm thinking, just replace it and hope the old one hangs in there until a new one arrives.. Anybody got a good one they'd like to sell?
Thanks,
Peter
Peter Newsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2011, 10:57 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: PDW F-350 (DXF-20W) viewfinder needed

well, some companies already anounced 3rd party colour viewfinders (aka cineroid & co) with HD-SDI input - that changes a lot on the 350...

regards

Uli
Uli Mors is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XAVC and XDCAM Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM HD CineAlta