XDCAM Browser v2.0 released at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old November 7th, 2011, 12:56 AM   #1
Regular Crew

XDCAM Browser v2.0 released

I just saw a tweet from David Young -

"XDCAM Browser v2.0 released, on Sony websites soon. Major new features: XDS Control, Live Logging, XMPilot support, Mac Lion support."

Sounds great, I always like the phrase "Major New Features".... I wish it was on any of Sony's web sites now as I can't wait to give it a try.

Cheers, Tim
Old November 9th, 2011, 03:37 PM   #2
Vortex Media

Re: XDCAM Browser v2.0 released

2.0 should be posted for download by he end of the week.

I have installed it on all three of my Macs and it seems to work very nicely. Nearly all of my complaints about V1.0 have been addressed and fixed. There are still a couple things I wish I could change in the preferences but I can work around them until Sony addresses them.

I am finally ready to retire the old XDCAM utilities and move over to XDCAM Broser 2.0 for all my archiving and FCP importing.
Old November 9th, 2011, 07:23 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Jensen View Post
I am finally ready to retire the old XDCAM utilities and move over to XDCAM Broser 2.0 for all my archiving and FCP importing.
Good to hear Version 2 is that good. I saw it at a Sony event and it looks good, but I haven't played with it yet. I did see that Live Logging will be enabled in the package if you have the WiFi sender and software for your camera (f800, 700 or 500 not sure what other cameras)
Old November 10th, 2011, 05:24 AM   #4
Inner Circle

@Doug, I recall you gave some requirements to Sony about how the first version fell short. Does the new version get rid of the requirement to have FCP running? Does it provide clip information (WB, aperture etc)?
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2011, 06:18 AM   #5
Vortex Media

Les,

Most everything that I suggested needed fixing has been changed. There's a couple remaining issues that still bother me (mostly things I used to be able to do with XDCAM Transfer but now cannot do) but they might not bother other people so I won't make an issue out of it here. Sony knows what they are and I think they will be addressed in a later version. For now, I can live with it.

You do not have to launch FCP first anymore before importing . . . nor do you have to have it running in the background while importing. I haven't read the manual yet so I don't know if you have to have FCP installed on the computer to use the import function or not. I already have FCP on all my Macs so it is not an issue for me. I would like to find out if you have to have FCP or not, but just haven't had time to do so yet.

"Registering for FCP" is now properly called "Importing for FCP"

Acquisition metadata (as text or animation) is available if you purchase and register a serial number for the software. I know, I know it is crazy to charge for this, but that's the way it is right now. I don't agree with it. Perhaps it will change --- but at least it is an option now because it wasn't even available before. I don't know what the cost will be.
Old November 17th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #6
Regular Crew

You can download load Xdcam Browser 2 from Sony of Canada: E-Support
Old November 22nd, 2011, 06:28 AM   #7
Major Player

Thanks Tim. Just downloaded it and it looks good.
Luc De Wandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2011, 11:55 AM   #8
Major Player

I still wonder why there is no continous play possible (clip by clip without touching mouse/keyboard).

Even using the keyboard to play clips after each other is difficult...

uli
Uli Mors is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts