DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/stabilizers-steadicam-etc/)
-   -   Steadicam Workshop with Charles Papert in Sonoma, CA. - December 11th & 12th, 2009 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/stabilizers-steadicam-etc/466411-steadicam-workshop-charles-papert-sonoma-ca-december-11th-12th-2009-a.html)

Trevor Meeks October 25th, 2009 03:55 AM

Steadicam Workshop with Charles Papert in Sonoma, CA. - December 11th & 12th, 2009

Hey everyone! You asked and I'm working hard to deliver. Join us in the beautiful wine country of Northern California for a two-day workshop with — yep, you read that right — Charles Papert!

Spots are limited, so please read the details below and E-mail me ASAP if you are serious about participating.

Dates/Location:
The steadicam workshop will be held on December 11th and 12th, 2009 (Friday/Saturday) in Sonoma, California. Sonoma is located about an hour North of San Francisco, in the heart of the Northern California Wine Country. The venue location will be disclosed once you sign up, but what I can tell you is that it will be great for steadicam training.

# of Participants:
We're capping that maximum amount of participants in this workshop to 10, and if we have an incredible amount of interest, I'll certainly plan on holding another workshop in the bay area at some point in the near future.

Cost:
The cost of the workshop will be $620 per person. This will cover Charles' fee, the venue, and food/snacks during the workshop. Full payment is required to reserve your spot.

Equipment Required:
Steadicams and Cameras are not supplied, so I HIGHLY encourage participants to rent or bring their own rig for use during the workshop, as I cannot guarantee the availability of any personal equipment being available for use. Steadicam Pilot/Flyer rentals are reasonably priced, and will be totally worth it for the education you'll be receiving in this workshop. Steadicam-branded stabilizers are not required - Glidecam rigs are a perfectly acceptable alternative. Make sure your camera is within the weight range of the stabilizer's capacity!

Lodging and Transportation:
There are three or four hotels and lodges located in Sonoma Valley, and numerous other options in Napa and Petaluma, which are 20 and 30 minutes away, respectively. I'll be happy to provide you with recommendations if you can't decide where to stay.

San Francisco (SFO) and Oakland (OAK) airports are located about an hour South of Sonoma, and are served by most major airlines, a few of which include Southwest, United, and Jet Blue. However, if you'd like to fly in a bit closer to Sonoma, consider Sonoma County Airport (STS) as a very convenient alternative. Situated about 35 minutes north of Sonoma in the town of Santa Rosa, Sonoma County Airport is served exclusively by Horizon Airlines (a division of Alaska Airlines.) Rental cars are available at all of the above airports, and Airporter service is also an option.

If you have any questions whatsoever, please contact me ASAP! If you'd like to book a spot in the workshop, please e-mail info@meeksdigitalstudios.com or call 707.328.8881. If you leave a message, PLEASE make sure to leave your first and last name, as well as a call back number.

I look forward to seeing you in the wine country!

Trevor Meeks
Meeks Digital Studios
Sonoma, CA

Trevor Meeks October 27th, 2009 05:55 AM

Thanks to those who have signed up! For everyone else - there are still a few spots left, don't miss out on this great opportunity!

Charles King October 28th, 2009 04:40 PM

It is a pity I cannot be there. You guys have fun with the master.

Sean Seah October 29th, 2009 08:22 AM

Argh.... its the hottest wedding season in Singapore. Would love to meet a guru.

Trevor Meeks November 1st, 2009 11:42 PM

A bump for the sunday crowd. We still have slots open, join up ASAP for this awesome opportunity!

Trevor Meeks November 8th, 2009 06:25 AM

We have a few more signups in the bag, and we have a few more spots available. E-mail me ASAP if you are interested!

Trevor Meeks November 15th, 2009 01:26 AM

Only 4 spots left! Thanks to all who have signed up, we're really looking forward to having you all out to Sonoma for a great workshop.

Trevor Meeks November 20th, 2009 11:00 PM

Spots are still open for the class - it's going to be a fun weekend - sign up ASAP!

Vito DeFilippo November 21st, 2009 02:33 PM

I can't believe you still have spots. If I were anywhere near you, I would jump all over this opportunity!

Frank Simpson November 21st, 2009 04:34 PM

The saddest thing for me is that I am actually coming to the bay area that weekend, but for a different function! It's all-but killing me that I can't attend!

Trevor Meeks November 21st, 2009 06:32 PM

Dang! Well, maybe we'll just have to host another one!

Chris Medico November 23rd, 2009 06:58 PM

Hi Trevor,

I'll be interested in attending one of these if its offered early next year. I need a bit more notice to get my schedule lined up.

I'll keep an eye here for future events. Feel free to PM me if you like and I'll get you my email address for updates.

Trevor Meeks November 24th, 2009 01:46 AM

Hey Chris,

Shoot me an e-mail to the address listed in the first post of this thread, with the subject line "interested in future steadicam workshop" and i'll definitely put you on a future notification list if we decide to host another one.

In the mean time folks, we do still have spots available - looking for two more participants! Please e-mail me ASAP if you are interested!

Trevor Meeks November 30th, 2009 04:28 AM

I hope you all had a great thanksgiving :-)

We have only a couple of spots left, and we're gearing up for a fantastic weekend of training with Charles Papert - if anyone else is interested please contact me ASAP!

Rich Greb December 13th, 2009 07:56 PM

Wow, that was great!

The workshop was an incredible experience. The venue was perfect (hallways and stairs made for some challenging shots), great bunch of guys, and best of all Charles Papert for instructor. It just doesn’t get any better than that.

Now I just need a few days for my body to recover from two days of pretty intensive flying, and for my ego to recover from the mortifying experience of playing back my shots from the exercises.

Thank you Trevor for all the work you did making the workshop happen, and thank you Charles for sharing your knowledge and for your patience with operators like myself who need to be shown something 3 or more times before it is learned. You gave us the tools for a proper start.

Rich