Steadicam Workshop with Charles Papert in Sonoma, CA. - December 11th & 12th, 2009 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 25th, 2009, 03:55 AM   #1
Major Player

Steadicam Workshop with Charles Papert in Sonoma, CA. - December 11th & 12th, 2009

Hey everyone! You asked and I'm working hard to deliver. Join us in the beautiful wine country of Northern California for a two-day workshop with — yep, you read that right — Charles Papert!

Spots are limited, so please read the details below and E-mail me ASAP if you are serious about participating.

Dates/Location:
The steadicam workshop will be held on December 11th and 12th, 2009 (Friday/Saturday) in Sonoma, California. Sonoma is located about an hour North of San Francisco, in the heart of the Northern California Wine Country. The venue location will be disclosed once you sign up, but what I can tell you is that it will be great for steadicam training.

# of Participants:
We're capping that maximum amount of participants in this workshop to 10, and if we have an incredible amount of interest, I'll certainly plan on holding another workshop in the bay area at some point in the near future.

Cost:
The cost of the workshop will be $620 per person. This will cover Charles' fee, the venue, and food/snacks during the workshop. Full payment is required to reserve your spot.

Equipment Required:
Steadicams and Cameras are not supplied, so I HIGHLY encourage participants to rent or bring their own rig for use during the workshop, as I cannot guarantee the availability of any personal equipment being available for use. Steadicam Pilot/Flyer rentals are reasonably priced, and will be totally worth it for the education you'll be receiving in this workshop. Steadicam-branded stabilizers are not required - Glidecam rigs are a perfectly acceptable alternative. Make sure your camera is within the weight range of the stabilizer's capacity!

Lodging and Transportation:
There are three or four hotels and lodges located in Sonoma Valley, and numerous other options in Napa and Petaluma, which are 20 and 30 minutes away, respectively. I'll be happy to provide you with recommendations if you can't decide where to stay.

San Francisco (SFO) and Oakland (OAK) airports are located about an hour South of Sonoma, and are served by most major airlines, a few of which include Southwest, United, and Jet Blue. However, if you'd like to fly in a bit closer to Sonoma, consider Sonoma County Airport (STS) as a very convenient alternative. Situated about 35 minutes north of Sonoma in the town of Santa Rosa, Sonoma County Airport is served exclusively by Horizon Airlines (a division of Alaska Airlines.) Rental cars are available at all of the above airports, and Airporter service is also an option.

If you have any questions whatsoever, please contact me ASAP! If you'd like to book a spot in the workshop, please e-mail info@meeksdigitalstudios.com or call 707.328.8881. If you leave a message, PLEASE make sure to leave your first and last name, as well as a call back number.

I look forward to seeing you in the wine country!

Trevor Meeks
Meeks Digital Studios
Sonoma, CA

Last edited by Trevor Meeks; October 25th, 2009 at 04:52 AM.
Trevor Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 05:55 AM   #2
Major Player

Thanks to those who have signed up! For everyone else - there are still a few spots left, don't miss out on this great opportunity!
Old October 28th, 2009, 04:40 PM   #3
Major Player

It is a pity I cannot be there. You guys have fun with the master.
Old October 29th, 2009, 08:22 AM   #4
Trustee

Argh.... its the hottest wedding season in Singapore. Would love to meet a guru.
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 11:42 PM   #5
Major Player

A bump for the sunday crowd. We still have slots open, join up ASAP for this awesome opportunity!
Old November 8th, 2009, 06:25 AM   #6
Major Player

We have a few more signups in the bag, and we have a few more spots available. E-mail me ASAP if you are interested!
Old November 15th, 2009, 01:26 AM   #7
Major Player

Only 4 spots left! Thanks to all who have signed up, we're really looking forward to having you all out to Sonoma for a great workshop.
Old November 20th, 2009, 11:00 PM   #8
Major Player

Spots are still open for the class - it's going to be a fun weekend - sign up ASAP!
Old November 21st, 2009, 02:33 PM   #9
Trustee

I can't believe you still have spots. If I were anywhere near you, I would jump all over this opportunity!
Old November 21st, 2009, 04:34 PM   #10
Major Player

The saddest thing for me is that I am actually coming to the bay area that weekend, but for a different function! It's all-but killing me that I can't attend!
Frank Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2009, 06:32 PM   #11
Major Player

Dang! Well, maybe we'll just have to host another one!
Old November 23rd, 2009, 06:58 PM   #12
Inner Circle

Hi Trevor,

I'll be interested in attending one of these if its offered early next year. I need a bit more notice to get my schedule lined up.

I'll keep an eye here for future events. Feel free to PM me if you like and I'll get you my email address for updates.
Old November 24th, 2009, 01:46 AM   #13
Major Player

Hey Chris,

Shoot me an e-mail to the address listed in the first post of this thread, with the subject line "interested in future steadicam workshop" and i'll definitely put you on a future notification list if we decide to host another one.

In the mean time folks, we do still have spots available - looking for two more participants! Please e-mail me ASAP if you are interested!
Old November 30th, 2009, 04:28 AM   #14
Major Player

I hope you all had a great thanksgiving :-)

We have only a couple of spots left, and we're gearing up for a fantastic weekend of training with Charles Papert - if anyone else is interested please contact me ASAP!
Old December 13th, 2009, 07:56 PM   #15
Sponsor: Camera Motion Research

Wow, that was great!

The workshop was an incredible experience. The venue was perfect (hallways and stairs made for some challenging shots), great bunch of guys, and best of all Charles Papert for instructor. It just doesn’t get any better than that.

Now I just need a few days for my body to recover from two days of pretty intensive flying, and for my ego to recover from the mortifying experience of playing back my shots from the exercises.

Thank you Trevor for all the work you did making the workshop happen, and thank you Charles for sharing your knowledge and for your patience with operators like myself who need to be shown something 3 or more times before it is learned. You gave us the tools for a proper start.

Rich
Rich Greb is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)