Weights Info Needed - what do you want? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:24 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Weights Info Needed - what do you want?

Morning, all.

The CB100 Counterbalance Correction System I am co designing with Richard Davidson (whose in Texas) got an outing to NAB last week and many comments were made about it being perfect for flyers.

The first use in anger of an initial prototype was whilst doing my review of the new Vinten Vision blue5 camera support system, announced on DVinfo here: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/tripod-s...blue5-nab.html

The review itself here: Review: Vinten Vision blue5 Video Support System at DVInfo.net

Now, whilst we got some very good feedback from NAB and have started incorporating that into the next set of prototypes, we need to make sure no stone is left unturned on this, and require any feedback we can get.

Unfortunately, Charles Papert, who was our first choice of reviewer/ technical advice, is jammed past his eye balls for the forseeable future, so we're a bit stuck for flyer input.

[Admission here: neither Richard nor myself, whilst being pretty well on top of tripods and heads, have a clue about flyers, how they work or anything else, so "stumblng around in the the dark" on this]

Sooo, anyone want to list just what their perfect weight system would look like, be able to do, in what size and weight increments and anything else you consider relevant.

BTW, don't take too much notice of the system shown in the photos I attached to the announcement.

That was a MK I prototype, and a lot has changed since then to tidy it up and refine it's operation. Further enhancements are currently taking place.

The floor is open to all comers, suggestions?

Regards,

CS

Last edited by Chris Soucy; April 22nd, 2012 at 11:43 PM.
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Weights Info Needed - what do you want?

Heck, the least I was expecting was a "What the heck are you talking about", but not even one of them.

If it was the wrong set of questions, let me know.

I can't understand how two highly experienced flyers can say it could be the "bees knees" and yet not one peep about it here on the Forum.

Help me out guys (& gals).

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Stabilizers (Steadicam etc.)