One more question on public filming - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old August 6th, 2007, 10:04 AM   #16
Wrangler

David,

I edited a couple of your posts. You are fairly new to the site so I need to point out that we don't do politics here. Please contribute with factual information but leave the political remarks out of your postings.

We all have feelings about the way things are going, myself included, but this site is not the place to voice them.

Regards,

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 01:42 PM   #17
Regular Crew

It's definitely easy to get upset. That having been said, and getting back to the business aspect of things...

When working with various agencies it's a good idea to have a professional demeanor. I personally would like to have a good working relationship with them, and even get them involved.

Having an Public Information Officer, or such, on tape describing the features, wildlife and potential dangers of an area could make some great supplemental footage to enhance a piece.

Even if initially they are unwilling to budge regarding their fee schedule, maybe after building up some rapport they might be a little more flexible.

Time to make lemonade...
Jason Sovey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 03:03 PM   #18
Major Player

I have found the National Park Service easy to work with. They understand media, video and good PR, and will assist in many ways. They will sometimes drop the fee if they feel that you are promoting the Park in a positive way. The USFS is another story.

Dave Rice
David Rice is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business