Interesting essay on modern copyright at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old March 5th, 2008, 02:52 PM   #1
Trustee

Interesting essay on modern copyright

Since we discuss copyright stuff a lot on here, I thought I'd post a link to an interesting essay on Ars Technica about the progress/relevance/changing nature of copyright law in the digital era.

I found it interesting.

Discuss?

http://arstechnica.com/articles/cult...ht-crusade.ars
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 04:26 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Interesting - it points to the challenge in a digital age where virtually ANYONE can create, copy, and distribute "intellectual property" or "information"...

Technology being democratized creates a paradigm shift that IP law simply is unprepared to deal with, and it's probably only going to get messier.

It used to be that there was a need for a HUGE investment required to find, develop and distribute "talent" or "information" or even "news", now anyone with a handycam and a computer and a little talent can compete on nearly equal footing on the web with "media powerhouses"!

And as always the question remains... how does one monetize the products of their intellect and creativity (intellectual property)??
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business