How much are you charging for Recitals? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old June 22nd, 2004, 06:22 PM   #1
New Boot

How much are you charging for Rectials?

HI

wondering how much you all charge for videotaping & editing a dance recital [ie. for kids & teens] using a one camera setup.

I know there are many factors that will determine price, but i'm real curious..

thanks
karen
Karen Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2004, 06:51 AM   #2
Regular Crew

For me it would depend on how many people are in the recital. If there is a posiblity of tape sales I may cut them a deal on the price. Off top I would charge about $800. This would vary if they wanted lighting and how long the recital would be. If there is a group of people performing you can tell them to annouce if they want a copy of the tape they can be ordered for about $25 or what ever you are happy with. Most likely you will be shipping them out so get name and address. I take up my money the night of the event. If it were a big group I may cut them a deal on the price because it is a easy project and tape sales would compensate. If they were willing to pay the $800 I woud sell tapes for $6 plus shipping.

These are just general numbers and I am sure most people around here will give some other good advice.

My wife is a school teacher at a private school and I videotape their all the time. I don't charge them but we sell tapes. We do good on tape sales. I always have an example of the box with a full color art sleeve on display which catches everybodies eye. Now they realise their home camera will not give them the results of the pros.

just an idea.
Marcus
www.katanapro.com
Marcus Farrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2004, 09:33 AM   #3
Wrangler

I'd charge them about $150/hr for shooting, including your setup time. For editing, I'd charge less, maybe $75-$100/hr. Possibly less if there is more than 4 hours of editing.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business