$.99 Business Cards - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old December 22nd, 2007, 12:24 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Teutsch View Post
Since 5000 cards at .99 per card would cost you $4,950.00, I would never do it either! :) :)

M
That's funny....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Teutsch View Post
Basically, just look around for a real printing shop and don't go to Staples, or Office Depot or somewhere like that. Almost every printing shop sends the order to a specialty shop for the actual printing. Even the one I mentioned does that.

When I go back to the shop I'll get you a price list too! They have some great packages with business cards and post cards too. My memory says 345.00 for 1000 business cards and 1000 3 x 5 postcards. That's what I'm thinking of doing right now. I'm working on the postcard design, that's whats been holding me up.

Too long here. :)

Mike
Yeah, would never go to a "copy center" for business card needs. If you go there to get cards made, you really have not done your homework. Totally different process. I do the full color card thing all the time (I have 7 different cards, all full color) but I am always looking for a deal. I'm actually waiting here as we speak for 40,000 new cards, hopefully they'll arrive via air cargo today. My brother contracts full color printing as a business, so he gives me his cost on stuff, which is nice, but I was used to paying in the neighborhood of $150-$175 for 5000 cards prior to him doing this.

The thing I wonder about is the quality of the paper. There's a pretty big difference in quality when it comes to 12pt vs 16pt, so I was trying to see what you were getting for that $90. It's a good deal, no doubt, one of the cheaper deals I've seen available to the public.

I would love to keep a running tab of what everyone is doing for business cards here at DVinfo. I'm going to start a collection of business cards from the users of this forum (starting with my own of course!) and what method they used to create/print them so other people can reference them. I'll post this in another post, but I think I will have people start sending their cards my way as well as a scanned digital of them and I will post them up for all the forum members to see.

Would you guys be interested in something like that?
Kit Hannah is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business