Hello from Vancouver - Page 21 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old July 29th, 2006, 01:50 PM   #301
New Boot

Hi guys,

I'm from Vancouver as well, I just wanted to throw out a question for you all.

How often do you ever need a live production switcher? Have you ever rented one? What did you get and what did you use it for?

Thanks all!

-Corey
Corey Callahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2006, 11:40 PM   #302
Tourist

hello from vancouver island

Hi. My name is dan. 36 & I like to goof around with making small flicks. I found this site 'cause I was having trouble burning a VCD in Premiere 6.5. I'll look thru some threads & see if I can find some answers, If not I'll post a question. Look forward to chatting & sharing info. Cheers...D
Dan Peruzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2006, 12:35 AM   #303
Trustee

Hey Dan,

Small world (or island). I live in Chemainus. I'm an old fart (43). I'm working on a couple of docs and special interest fishing shows, but always had a thing for the creative side (couple of scripts I'm working on).

If you want, we can hook up sometime and talk film. There's another guy in town who just finished his script and looking to produce locally. Also another guy in Nanaimo doing some snowboarding type stuff.

701-8378
Old July 31st, 2006, 05:42 AM   #304
RED Code Chef

Hi Dan, welcome aboard (H)DV Info Net, good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 09:44 PM   #305
Regular Crew

Hi Vancouverites....

I'm an American that studied culinary arts for a year in your fine city..I'm now in New York and have been doing some TV and Film PA work with a little filming recently. Can anyone give me any advice on trying to break into the industry in Van? I love the city so much and really want to move there. If you can, my Email is R*M*L*E*I*D*E*R@yahoo.com without the *'s.
Ryan Leiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2006, 06:00 PM   #306
New Boot

I'm from Vancouver ;)
Evan Digby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 06:09 PM   #307
Major Player

Anyone free this weekend? August 19 and 20?

Hi there!

Is anyone free this weekend? I am doing some video shooting of a martial arts seminar for both mornings and afternoons and would love someone to help. Actually to operate the camera.

The topic of the day is tai chi, and how to push people very far, and how to move people without touching them. Sounds strange I know, but this is all from a martial context.

If you are interested in helping this Saturday and Sunday, August 19 and 20, please email me at eb7g@shaw.caNOSPAM.

Ronald
Ronald Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 06:17 PM   #308
Regular Crew

Steadicam Meet?

Hello Vancouver DVinfo'ers,

I have an idea that I thought I'd throw out here. Would anybody be interested in a little Steadicam get-together? By that, I'm including owners of any type of stabilizer - Glidecam, Ind!cam, homemade...whatever.

My idea is this: we each bring 2 tapes with us, and our stabilizer/camera rig. We'll take turns filming a tracking scene, and with the 2nd tape in someone else's camera, you are also being filmed on your technique so that you can watch yourself afterwards. That will really allow us to see what we need to work on in terms of technique. We'll use a clapper board so we can sync it up easily in post.

I'd like to try this before it gets too cold outside (which means soon!). If you're interested, send me an email - ericgan at gmail dot com. Let me know what you'll be flying. We need 3 people minimum, but it would be a lot more fun if we can get 5 or 6 to come out. That way, we can setup more complicated shots. Or I suppose we can always bring some actors.

My setup is Glidecam 2000/Smooth Shooter/FX1. This could also be a good opportunity to try out other stabilizers other than your own - if the owners don't mind, of course.

Last edited by Eric Gan; September 9th, 2006 at 06:48 PM.
Eric Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 12:05 PM   #309
Major Player

Hi Eric,

This sounds interesting. I'm into it. I have a PDX10 with a Steadicam Merlin.

audio90@shaw.caNOSPAM
Old October 10th, 2006, 03:52 PM   #310
Major Player

Need some help copying some tapes and taping gig

Hi there,

I am looking for help in two things this weekend in Vancouver.

1) I have about 8-10 miniDV tapes that I would like to be duplicated. I give you the tapes and you make copies and give them back to me. This is paid, to be discussed.

2) I also need someone to do a day of shooting (preferrably on a Sony miniDV/DVCAM camera), on Saturday. Perhaps for more days. This is paid as well.

If you can help, please call me at 604-781-7093.

Thanks,

Ronald
Old October 19th, 2006, 02:33 PM   #311
New Boot

Shooter with truck in seattle.

Hey all, Just moved up from Denver CO, (nice to be out of the high desert...missed the water) and am looking to stay busy, Have a fully tricked JVC HD100U/A with HHD recording, Steadicam, and a one ton truck with Kinos Tungstun HMI Jib and other toys. lookin to stay busy so Im real reasonable. Drop a line anytime, 303-875-1177 or just email to say hi! reel and eqipment list on my site www.andersonlivemedia.com
Shawn Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2007, 08:54 AM   #312
Tourist

Stephen Peszel, Vancouver, BC

Recently joined DVI, found it very useful already, just bought Canon XL2, arm hurts already, trying to figure it all out so I can make the best use of the beast, I want to make my own short aircraft maintenance and operations videos, seemed to be the best way. Oh God what have I done!
Really impressed with the level of support here, really impressed with the XL2, blew us away when we saw the quality of my first "playing", think what I could do if I actually new what I was doing.
Head of Training for the world's biggest helicopter operator - in 34 countries, I need no excuse to go travelling, now I have to figure out how to get the XL2, my 20D, laptop etc etc in the carry on baggage.
Old January 24th, 2007, 08:07 AM   #313
RED Code Chef

Hi Stephen, welcome aboard DV Info Net, good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2007, 10:57 PM   #314
Regular Crew

I'm down here in Seattle, but would love to hook up with fellow videographers for Mt bike shoots in North Shore. Never been there, but I frequent Whistler and will post a short Crankworx '06 vid soon.
Jeremy Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2007, 10:13 AM   #315
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Peszel View Post
I need no excuse to go travelling, now I have to figure out how to get the XL2, my 20D, laptop etc etc in the carry on baggage.
On one flight, I crammed 2 Canon XL1's and a 10D+ lens into my carry on bag. I just hoped they didn't ask me to pull it out to turn it all on. :)

Anyway, if you need an extra camera on the other side of the world, put me at the top of your list. :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood