Good morning from Peterborough in Cambridgeshire at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old March 15th, 2013, 12:31 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Good morning from Peterborough in Cambridgeshire

You seem a friendly crowd!

I picked up my new camera from my favourite retailer last week and asked where they thought I would get the best advice on using it. They sent me here and already I'm wishing I found you three years ago. I have had lots of help online, but this community looks amazing.

Expect lots of questions about bit rate and frame rate and shutter speeds and something I've just discovered called 'knee', which I suspect is nothing to do with the 50-year-old pair of knees that try to tell me I'm too old to start a new, active career.

I think I've learned a lot, but know that I have lots more to learn. I'm genuinely excited about joining here and hope that one day I will be able to use what I learn to help others, like so many have helped me.

I think it might snow again today.
Martyn Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Good morning from Peterborough in Cambridgeshire

Hi Martyn, nice to see another East Anglian here, I'm from just outside Ely. I also joined the forum recently after being involved in video production from the mid 1980s and just discovering the forum.

Look forward to your posts.

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2013, 10:33 AM   #3
Trustee

Welcome to the forum, I'm 52 and still learning! ;0)
Old March 28th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Welcome Martyn. Am new to this site too, but you guys have a long way to go to catch me. I'm 77.
John
John Mahoney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood