DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   These Are the People in Your Neighborhood (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/)
-   -   Newbie near Seattle (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/these-people-your-neighborhood/56190-newbie-near-seattle.html)

Gene Beasley December 16th, 2005 05:04 PM

Newbie near Seattle

Greetings from the ususually frosty Pacific Northwest.

I am brand new to video of any kind. I am here to try to educate myself as I am our church's web designer and they want to start putting streaming video sermons online. We have no equipment and all I have for software is the MS WMA/WMV encoder. Hopefully I won't clog things up with stupid questions, but if I do - please have mercy on this poor old fool.

Gene

Lorinda Norton December 20th, 2005 04:42 PM

Hello Gene!

Boy, you're not just a kiddin' about the "frosty Pacific Northwest." I'm a little further inland but still ready to move down South. Brrrr!

One rule on DV Info: There's no such thing as a stupid question. So welcome, ask away, and best wishes to you!!

Hugh DiMauro December 22nd, 2005 08:05 AM

Welcome, Gene!

When you step through the DV Info portal, you instantly become family. As a new guy, you will be seeking information most of the time but then, as you become proficient in your craft, you will be able to offer suggestions and answers to others who look to you concerning your area of expertise. And answering others' inquiries is a reward itself.

So dive in, post anything you have in the appropriate thread and feel at home.

Ken Grohs January 25th, 2006 11:02 PM

Hi! I'm in (near) Seattle, too. Been on this site actually for a couple of years (although my posts wouldn't indicate that - I listen, and learn, a lot).

Have moderate experience with video work.
Primarily use Canon XL1S and GL2 for production, and a variety of software/hardware for post-production.

Mainly work in auto racing, and you'll see some of my work on the Pacific Raceways (www.pacificraceways.com) website, which I am also the webmaster for.

On most racing event days you'll see me either right down on the drag strip starting line, or inches away from the cars speeding around the road course.

If I can be of any assistance don't hesitate to ask.

Rob Lohman January 27th, 2006 01:29 PM

Hi Gene, welcome aboard (H)DVInfo.net, good to have you with us!

Paul Picklesimer February 11th, 2006 12:29 AM

Any of you North west folks wanna share some Super Bowl footage?

Hi there,
This may be a touchy subject for Seahawk fans, but I am making a doc about Steeler fans in Pittsburgh and around the world. If any of you shot some footage during or after the big game of Seahawk or Steeler fans that is interesting, I would love to check it out and consider it for use in my doc. This is a no-budget production - strictly gas and miniDVs so I can't afford to pay you, but I will certanly credit you for your contributions and send you a copy of the dvd when it is done. Also, if there is any way I can help out with a progect of yours in the future I would love to do so. Any mini DV tapes I recieve will quikly be captured and returned along with a re-imbursment for your shipping costs. Thanks for your time. If you are interested in helping out please reply or email me at paul@paulished-films.com

Paul Picklesimer

815 Glendale Road
NewCumberland WV
(304) 479 3366

Brian Fischer March 9th, 2006 03:39 PM

I'm a DV hobbyist from Bremerton (Kitsap County), just across the water from you. I like to frequent this and a couple other DV related forums on the web, though I haven't made 1000-some-odd posts yet, but I contribute when I can. I really think these forums are informative and useful.

Regards,