Newbie near Seattle at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old December 16th, 2005, 05:04 PM   #1
Tourist

Newbie near Seattle

Greetings from the ususually frosty Pacific Northwest.

I am brand new to video of any kind. I am here to try to educate myself as I am our church's web designer and they want to start putting streaming video sermons online. We have no equipment and all I have for software is the MS WMA/WMV encoder. Hopefully I won't clog things up with stupid questions, but if I do - please have mercy on this poor old fool.

Gene
Gene Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2005, 04:42 PM   #2
Wrangler

Hello Gene!

Boy, you're not just a kiddin' about the "frosty Pacific Northwest." I'm a little further inland but still ready to move down South. Brrrr!

One rule on DV Info: There's no such thing as a stupid question. So welcome, ask away, and best wishes to you!!
Old December 22nd, 2005, 08:05 AM   #3
Trustee

Welcome, Gene!

When you step through the DV Info portal, you instantly become family. As a new guy, you will be seeking information most of the time but then, as you become proficient in your craft, you will be able to offer suggestions and answers to others who look to you concerning your area of expertise. And answering others' inquiries is a reward itself.

So dive in, post anything you have in the appropriate thread and feel at home.
Old January 25th, 2006, 11:02 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi! I'm in (near) Seattle, too. Been on this site actually for a couple of years (although my posts wouldn't indicate that - I listen, and learn, a lot).

Have moderate experience with video work.
Primarily use Canon XL1S and GL2 for production, and a variety of software/hardware for post-production.

Mainly work in auto racing, and you'll see some of my work on the Pacific Raceways (www.pacificraceways.com) website, which I am also the webmaster for.

On most racing event days you'll see me either right down on the drag strip starting line, or inches away from the cars speeding around the road course.

If I can be of any assistance don't hesitate to ask.
Ken Grohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2006, 01:29 PM   #5
RED Code Chef

Hi Gene, welcome aboard (H)DVInfo.net, good to have you with us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2006, 12:29 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Any of you North west folks wanna share some Super Bowl footage?

Hi there,
This may be a touchy subject for Seahawk fans, but I am making a doc about Steeler fans in Pittsburgh and around the world. If any of you shot some footage during or after the big game of Seahawk or Steeler fans that is interesting, I would love to check it out and consider it for use in my doc. This is a no-budget production - strictly gas and miniDVs so I can't afford to pay you, but I will certanly credit you for your contributions and send you a copy of the dvd when it is done. Also, if there is any way I can help out with a progect of yours in the future I would love to do so. Any mini DV tapes I recieve will quikly be captured and returned along with a re-imbursment for your shipping costs. Thanks for your time. If you are interested in helping out please reply or email me at paul@paulished-films.com

Paul Picklesimer

815 Glendale Road
NewCumberland WV
(304) 479 3366
Paul Picklesimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 03:39 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I'm a DV hobbyist from Bremerton (Kitsap County), just across the water from you. I like to frequent this and a couple other DV related forums on the web, though I haven't made 1000-some-odd posts yet, but I contribute when I can. I really think these forums are informative and useful.

Regards,

"On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." - Tyler Durden
Brian Fischer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood