DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   When do you sleep? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/13000-when-do-you-sleep.html)

Don Bloom August 8th, 2003 05:47 AM

When do you sleep?

OK, I realize this is a worldwide forum and the posting times are consistent with the time zones around the world, BUT, good G*d folks, doesn't anyone here ever go to sleep?
Frank, I know in Canada the time zones are the same as the U.S. and I see posts from you at 4AM, is that your time, or what time?
Ken Tanaka, I know what time it is in Chicago, I see your posts from early AM or is it late PM, and Alex K., 15 and up at 2 AM?

I know I'm an early AM guy but not 2AM.

I'm just amazed at all the late night or is it early AM folks that are here from Canada and the US. I understand other countries because of time zones but guys, get some sleep!

Couldn't help but to post this, I've been watching the times for a long time and always wondered. HEH, keep posting anytime folks, this is still one of the best places for good solid info and conversation. :-))

Well, I'm going back to bed it's way too early. ;)))))
Don

John Locke August 8th, 2003 07:19 AM

Sleep?

Don Bloom August 8th, 2003 07:51 AM

Yeah but John, you're on the other side so you don't get to sleep, only quick naps and once in a while checking your eyelids for holes ;)
Don

Imran Zaidi August 8th, 2003 09:43 AM

Myself I admit that I suffer from DVInfo.Net-itis. Day or night, I find that when I get online, the first site I'm always drawn to before I go elsewhere is this one. And I go straight for the wonderful 'View New Posts' link.

I can't shake it. Somebody help me.

Well, at least the first step is admitting you have a problem, so I'm half way there...

Keith Loh August 8th, 2003 10:28 AM

My awake hours are 7:20am to 2am.

Mike Rehmus August 8th, 2003 10:52 AM

But you fly during the other hours, right? -:))))

John Locke August 8th, 2003 11:22 AM

Keith,

I thought I noticed you online at 7:19 a.m. the other day...what's up with that?

Frank Granovski August 8th, 2003 04:14 PM

"Frank...and I see posts from you at 4AM, is that your time, or what time?"

I'm on the west coast, PST, when it's 4AM in Toronto, it's 1AM in Vancouver. I usually hit the sack at 2AM, and roll over about 9AM, sometimes earier like about 7---depending on what I have to do. Oh, and right now, it's 3:20PM, so in TO it would be 6:20 PM.

Keith Loh August 8th, 2003 04:34 PM

I have to get to work by 8:20am. The earliest I've been awake is for the Lady X shoot. I was up at 5:30am.

Don Bloom August 8th, 2003 04:43 PM

Frank,
Now I'm really confused. East West North South, I can't remember all that stuff anymore. When Mickeys big hand is on the 12....

I guess I'll just say you're all nightowls and leave it go at that.

I'm going to bed ;-)
Don

Frank Granovski August 8th, 2003 05:11 PM

Here, this'll help:

http://www.hilink.com.au/times/

Don Bloom August 8th, 2003 05:23 PM

Frank, what continent did you say you were on?

Alex, I know you're young but good lord, get out of the house, cut the grass, make some video, go to bed before 5AM or you might end up being a professional videographer and you've heard about them ;)

I'm going back to bed)))))))

Frank Granovski August 8th, 2003 05:33 PM

North America, I think. But in the wee hours I'm not sure.

Brian Wood August 8th, 2003 06:42 PM

Unfortunality due to 9:20 chiropractor appts (i'm only 17 and already my backs screwed up) I have had to keep close to my normal school sleep rotation, which i guess is a plus cause when I go back in only 2 and half weeks it will be easy.

And I too have this forum as my homepage which I find to be terriable cause everytime I get on the internt to do something, I first feel compeled to check out the new posts...I can't not come to this site without seeing whats up. Oh well i guess its a sign of the fact video is and will always remain my whole life

Brian

Mike Rehmus August 8th, 2003 06:44 PM

I'd post tomorrow at 5 AM but I'll be out taping a 10K race.