homemade tripod legs at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old January 5th, 2005, 11:58 AM   #1
Major Player

homemade tripod legs

Some time ago I bought a 501 head from Manfroto (some entry level head, but good enough for me!). I didn't want to buy legs for it for two reasons:
1. money
2. I wanted to build something really strong, that would hold a jib or a small crane (future plans).

I finished making the tripod legs, along with a ball leveler for the head. The hole thing (head included) weights about 10Kg! But I compared it with professional (expensive) legs and mine are stronger! The legs are made from aluminum tubes, 30mm outside diameter, 20mm inside.

So, here it is my new tripod:
http://w1.226.telia.com/~u22607422/tripod_small.jpg

It has two sections for a maximum height of about 1.5meters
That's my Canon XM2 on top of the tripod. It seems big, or the tripod looks small, but that's because of the angle of the picture. Actually, the tripod is quite big!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads