DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Rise and Shine! UWOL 19 Sign Up Thread is Now Open! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/490511-rise-shine-uwol-19-sign-up-thread-now-open.html)

Catherine Russell January 21st, 2011 09:01 PM

Rise and Shine! UWOL 19 Sign Up Thread is Now Open!

Hey guys!

It's a new day.... a New Year.... and.... a New Challenge!

UWOL 19 is here. Are you ready? Feeling like this one will be it? The one? And the best you have ever produced? Feeling creative? Feeling a bit... wild? Is the adrenaline starting to pump just a wee bit and the perspiration starting to flow just thinking about it? Do you simply have that 6th sense that this theme just might let you go for broke and bring home the glory? Are you ready to have fun? Are you ready to be challenged? Are you ready to..... GO FOR IT?

Well, I'm ready to be thrilled and inspired by what you all will be able to do. I'm ready to be WOW'ed, in awe and humbled by your technical prowess, creative imagination and at the beauty of your neck of the woods.

So come on out! Sign up! This is your time! All are welcome! First time? No problem. Just say 'hi" and join the UWOL family. First time at filming something? That's not a problem either. Just jump in and give it a shot. You will probably surprise yourself at what you can do and most certainly be inspired for life. Old-timers? Welcome back friends, you have been missed!

The sign up thread has officially opened. Dates to keep in mind for this challenge are:

Theme announcement: Tuesday, February 1st
Entry deadline: Sunday, February 20th at "midnight"
Final judging: Monday, February 28th

Let's get out there and meet the challenge! :)

Cat

Mike Sims January 21st, 2011 09:56 PM

"And so, it begins..." Tally-ho!

Geir Inge January 21st, 2011 11:37 PM

Count me in.

Mike Beckett January 22nd, 2011 03:01 AM

I might just give it a go...

Finn-Erik Faale January 22nd, 2011 04:30 AM

I will try.

Bob Thieda January 22nd, 2011 06:13 AM

It has been too long since I've played...count me in!

Trond Saetre January 22nd, 2011 09:59 AM

Camera is working properly again. I'm ready!

Count me in!!

David Elkins January 23rd, 2011 10:50 AM

Been on the sidelines tooo long. I'm in!

I sent an email to the uwol@comcast.com address, no response. Is that step still necessary?

Thanks!

Markus Nord January 23rd, 2011 02:40 PM

Ok, I'll do my best... Lots of job is coming...

Catherine Russell January 25th, 2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Elkins (Post 1610509)

I sent an email to the uwol@comcast.com address, no response. Is that step still necessary?

Thanks!

Hi David:

Good point. For anyone who didn't participate in the last round, send your e-mail address to:

uwol@spikeproductions.com

Welcome David! Glad to see you have jumped in and have fun.

Cat

Mick Jenner January 25th, 2011 09:46 AM

Having dipped my toe in on the last round, I will try and wade in a bit deeper this time hopefully avoiding the sharks!!!!

Mick

Victor Wilcox January 25th, 2011 08:18 PM

I'm in. Hope I can stay out of the shark tank.

My back's doing better, so if the wife doesn't work me too hard, this one should be fun.

David Chilson January 27th, 2011 09:28 AM

First timer, but what the heck. I handle rejection well. Email sent.

Catherine Russell January 27th, 2011 09:43 AM

Hello David!

Welcome to UWOL 19. You will find the UWOL family a fun group of film enthusiasts who are a great support in the pursuit of excellence in wildlife filming. I have received your e-mail. You are in! Have fun and avoid the infamous shark tank at all costs!

Best,

Cat

Ryan Farnes January 27th, 2011 04:51 PM

I'm in (tentatively).

I sold my 7D and am waiting for the Panasonic GH2 to be in stock again. Might not get one until late February, but we'll see.