UWOL PRIZES - woo hoo! $175 package! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old January 18th, 2007, 03:17 PM   #1
Wrangler

UWOL PRIZES - woo hoo! $175 package!

okay, to get everyone psyched up to meet their Monday deadline, here are links to the PRIZES, selected especially to meet the needs of outdoor shooters:

Versatile, must-have utility tool that allows you to turn your bike (or anything with wheels) into a handy, outdoor dolly...clamps to just about anything, to make a third arm for holding your extra audio and video gear....

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

and also:

The next great innovation in stabilizing your footage, carry it on your longest trek, it barely weighs a thing. i have one of these, and it has become my favorite for outdoors and event shooting. the best stabilizing system for the least amount of weight (the holy grail for outdoors!)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

if bragging rights aren't enough to get you to meet Monday's deadline, perhaps these trinkets will. good luck. get shooting!
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 03:32 PM   #2
Major Player

Wow Meryem! Those are some great prizes!

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to get my video in. I have the footage, I imported the footage, but now, when I export, it turns it into 4:3 and the footage is 16:9. And, to make things worse, I cant put credits on the video with Premiere Pro. I can't transfer it to another editing program because I cant export the video to a format the other editing programs let you use without making the video stretch to 4:3! ahhh!!!

So yes, there is not my entry for the UWOL Challenge #1.

I hope everyone else is doing good, and one lucky person who deserves these prizes will get it.

~Gabriel
Old January 19th, 2007, 11:12 PM   #3
Major Player

I have to second that... Great prizes!

...And it looks like I won't be entering a video. I haven't been able to get away from anything long enough to shoot some video. The best I've got is some blowing clouds and snow and a timelapse sunrise that didn't turn out. The fluid head on my tripod decided to go all sloppy on me today while working for that sunrise, so well... it didn't work and the camera sagged just a bit during the whole process, but it's noticeable in the playback and looks really bad.

Too bad, because I could really use a new monopod right now. Oh well, I guess I'll be ordering it on monday instead of entering the contest. :-(
Jeff Kilgroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2007, 06:43 AM   #4
Trustee

Still time Jeff. I'm still shooting today and won't even start editing till tomorrow as I don't have enough hard drive space to edit. I'll have to check the sales tomorrow morning and run down and buy a hard drive first thing and get to editing.

Already told the wife don't expect to see much of me on Sunday! :)
Old January 20th, 2007, 07:40 PM   #5
Major Player

Cool contest. Cool prizes!

I am really excited about seeing all the entries.
Old January 21st, 2007, 02:33 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Railsback
Still time Jeff. I'm still shooting today and won't even start editing till tomorrow as I don't have enough hard drive space to edit. I'll have to check the sales tomorrow morning and run down and buy a hard drive first thing and get to editing.

Already told the wife don't expect to see much of me on Sunday! :)

Out of time here... My systems are all tied up on a render and I'm sitting here pulling my hair out waiting for RED.COM to update with the new registration form. ;) I haven't been able to get away and shoot anything, just been too busy. Oh well... I have an idea for something, but unless I can come up with a good timelapse sunrise or sunset in the next 8 hours, I can't go that route. And it's 1:30am and cloudy here and supposed to start snowing any minute and last well into afternoon/evening. I haven't abandoned all hope just yet, but I think I missed the boat this time.
Jeff Kilgroe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge