Uwol #2 Theme Announcement - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old March 2nd, 2007, 02:05 PM   #16
Wrangler

this isn't a wildlife challenge, it's an "Under Water, Over Land" Challenge...nature and outdoors, and recreation is a big part of nature and outdoors.

be as creative with the theme as you wish. surprise me, i love surprises!

it can be animal, mineral, or vegetable. do vegetables cavort? or human. or alien. just make it nature and outdoors!

that's all i'm going to say on the subject. the rest you all need to talk among yourselves to generate ideas. a big part of your job is to figure it out! what am i going to do with this???? you guys can share ideas, but i don't want to be the one to tip the scales....
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 04:13 PM   #17
Major Player

Meryem, do you mean, rec-re-a-tion, or Re-cre-a-tion? or both?

I would just like to know before I get started, thanks.
~Gabriel
Old March 2nd, 2007, 06:19 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Gabriel:

This is like a secret IQ test. You have to figure out what Meryem means. If you get it right, you get admitted to the secret UWOL society, if you miss it then you go to the sharks :) Now the way I look at it, if you recreate the world in a 4 mintue film, well, that may win you the prize. If you show your friends jumping into a swollen raging river for fun, that may win you the prize....If you finish any movie you are a winner !!
Old March 2nd, 2007, 06:29 PM   #19
Major Player

Move over sharks, here I come.
Steve Siegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2007, 10:38 AM   #20
Trustee

Sorry. I started it. I was just being a little silly. It really did take me a minute or two of figuring out how to capture animals playing that I realized that people playing outside would also work. I realize we don't use smiley's on this site, but perhaps I should have added a wink on my post. As I said, sorry about that.

I have a plan. It involves getting someone to present a lesson on how to do something specific in the recreation theme. I will try to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, and use the video as an advertisement for his coaching services. I run a community web site that specializes in a particular recreational activity, and I promised him a free ad once he agreed to give lessons.

Now, if I can just get him to participate in time for the contest.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge