UWOL#2 Rule Question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old March 1st, 2007, 04:17 PM   #1
Trustee

UWOL#2 Rule Question

From the rules page -
3. All material must be original and shot for the purpose of being judged in this contest. All music must be fully licensed. If you use copyrighted materials (music or other copyrighted works), be prepared to show us proof that you own the right to use it. Without proof, we will remove your video from the site.

I use several local bands to create my music for my soundtracks. None are signed by a label. All have a license with me that states I can use their music (usually 3 specific tracks) in my productions. Will you need a copy of that agreement or is that ONLY if the artist has copywritten that track? I also create my own music...how do I prove that I have the rights to my own music if I have not legally copywritten it? Sorry for the stupid questions, I just don't want to be disqualified.
Old March 1st, 2007, 04:48 PM   #2
Wrangler

the operant phrase in that rule is "be prepared"--in all likelihood, we won't ask, unless the song is immediately recognizable. it's to foreclose on the "it's just a non-commercial web movie" attitude. yes, it's just a non-commercial web video, but we are encouraging our users to adopt professional standards and to adhere to existing laws.
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2007, 07:39 PM   #3
Trustee

Thank you Meryem. :-)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge