UWOL #4 PRIZES...and a Shout-Out to Our Sponsors.... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old July 30th, 2007, 10:53 PM   #1
Wrangler

UWOL #4 PRIZES...and a Shout-Out to Our Sponsors....

The winner of UWOL #4 will receive

1) Annie Crowley's excellent "Your Guide to Creating Underwater Video" DVD, courtesy of Joe Holley at Marine Visions. Here's a link, for more info:

http://marinevisions.com/product.php...cat=260&page=1

Shooting underwater is huge fun. Joe is a great resource for any of you who want to get started. He's friendly, smart, and answers e-mails much faster than I do! If you're even thinking about it, check out Marine Visions, and get all your questions answered by one of the nicest fellows in the biz. And remember, if you click-through his logo on our UWOL Challenge website, and make a purchase while you are there, Joe has offered to rebate a donation to the UWOL Challenge. Your support of our sponsors will keep our Challenge alive.

2) Next up: a groovy Handy CamFocus card from DSC Labs

http://dsclabs-us.intelex.ca/store.php?category_id=10

These are fantastic for field work. They are compact and hang around your neck on a lanyard, always available for white balancing and for establishing focus. I have one and I use it all the time. All. The. Time. When I was shooting triathlon footage last Sunday, I forgot mine, and did I ever miss it! Our call time was 5:00 am, and the light was constantly changing dramatically, and I needed a new white balance every 15 minutes or so. What a pain it was to be white balancing from little scraps of paper. These cards will save you from yourself!

Also, DSC sponsors it own contest for users of its cards who snap stills of their cards in use in interesting and exotic places. And I know how you people like contests. And interesting places. Let's get a UWOL face up on the DSC website, shall we? Good for a laugh for all of us, at the very least, and you can win even more prizes from DSC.

And last:

One of these!

A 100 GB hard drive that can run off your laptop's battery. Amazing for field work or for carting big files between computers. I'm always on the look-out for good prizes which can specifically address the needs of field shooters, and this is a very portable, handy device.

http://www.g-technology.com/Products/G-DRIVE-mini.cfm

Good luck and look for the winner's thread on Tuesday. There are so many awesome submissions this round, I'm glad that I don't have the last word. Tough, tough competition.
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge