UWOL #14 - The Prairie - Kevin "Yeti" Railsback - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old August 26th, 2009, 03:44 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Kevin,

I lived in ectacrome and then moved to fuji later. I love the richer colors, however I try to keep things farely realistic if possible. I still have not been able to talk myself into a digital slr yet, though I am weakening sense I gave my sister my canon and fd lenses.

I personally have found my xlh1 tends to overexpose (If I use the manual then press the optimum button. I always have to reduce gamma if I use it. I am prone to use a light meter more and more!! If I can use my small hd monitor I can get it perfect every time.

At times we have very intense colors here. I have been accused of making them unrealistic a number of times when in fact they were dead on and no post!!

Now when my wife and I head down the road and things arre so intense and beautiful the joke is, "Heck, its just not realistic!"
Old August 26th, 2009, 10:37 PM   #17
Trustee

Dale,

I started with K25 and K64 and I think I ended on E100SW

Who cares if people think your colors are unrealistic sometimes? Unless I'm doing some corporate work where they want a specific look or whatever, I shoot to please myself. My style has always been saturated color, always will be.

Who knows, maybe it's the wrong attitude but if I'm not making myself happy then why am I shooting?

I've got a Nikon DSLR but hardly ever use it. I've never really looked back once I stopped shooting stills.

Course, I'm doing some corporate work on laser guided vehicles, the first thing they loved was how the colors just jumped off the page. :) One engineer saw it and now he has a gig for me so, I guess bucking the trend and shooting super saturated colors can be a good thing. :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge