Parhelia APV and Avid Xpress Pro HD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old April 16th, 2006, 03:12 PM   #1
Tourist

Parhelia APV and Avid Xpress Pro HD

Hi,
has anyone used Matrox Parhelia APVe with Avid Xpress Pro HD 5.2?? ANy comments?
because I am planning of upgrading my PC for HD editing using Avid 5.2 (and maybe Edius), and am currently looking for a way to preview timeline on an Hdtv. Parhelia APV seems like a good and cheap solution to me...
I am aware that Parhelia can only output to preview monitor (in Avid) when you actually hit "playback" on your timeline, and not while scrubbing or trimming (no WYSIWYG plug-in yet for Avid...). But how's the output quality? And is it real time? Or it works like viewing DV footage using a Dv deck or camera, meaning we have to render all effects to see it on client monitor??
or should I go with an Nvidia solution (FX540 I think)?? I know Matrox is a triple head configuration (two working monitor+one preview monitor), while Nvidia can only give you a single working monitor plus the preview monitor, but which one works better with Avid? Can Nvidia output while scrubbing or trimming? How's output quality?
I will be using Avid and/or Edius with HVX200 P2 MXF files (DVCproHD), not HDV.
Thanks, any advice/feedback would be appreciated!

Anh Minh Truong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software