JVC TMH150CG with component? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old May 30th, 2006, 08:40 AM   #1
Major Player

JVC TMH150CG with component?

My situation may be unique but here goes: I have a JVC TM-H150CG monitor that I have been using for editing for some time. For SD DV I just run the composite out from my PC or my DV camera into the monitor and everything is good.

I recently had the opportunity to purchase the IF-C01COMG Component/RGB input card for this monitor. It was not on my dime so of course I didnt pass it up.

Now I need to figure out how to hook it up. At the moment I would like to run it from my Matrox P650 video card that has (I think this is correct) DVI-A out. At any rate it is the DVI connector that the Matrox dongle with the composte/s-video taps had been plugged into.

I picked up a DVI-A to 5 BNC component cable off ebay and tried that. When I run a video this is what I get over the JVC monitor: a very low resolution black and white picture when connected to the G/Y input only and false colors on top of that when the other component inputs are connected.

So I am over my head on the connections here. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Bill Ball is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software