Trash The Dress + Lake + Winter = Brave Bride - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old January 9th, 2009, 11:37 AM  
Trash The Dress + Lake + Winter = Brave Bride
Andrew Waite Andrew Waite is offline January 9th, 2009, 11:37 AM

So I finally have a bride brave enough to get a little wet... and of course it's last week on one of the coldest days of the year. It doesn't get very cold in California (34 degrees that day), but there is no way I would have gotten in that water!

Anyway, it's a short 2 minute Pre-Wedding Bridal Feature. The dress she trashes at the end was a freebie dress... for those of you wondering about a pre-wedding trash the dress. As always all input (good or bad) is welcomed!

Bridal Feature Promo

Sorry for the funky link... I have an all flash website so I can't link directly to the video and I didn't want to have to explain how to navigate to the video. Enjoy!
RED One #6135 "Spartacus"

Andrew Waite
Major Player
Views: 2417
Old January 12th, 2009, 06:34 PM   #16
Inner Circle

How did you go about learning to use it? The two times that I tried to use it I just felt lost and I didn't like having to take my footage out of FCP and into color.
Old January 12th, 2009, 07:36 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Cossel View Post
How did you go about learning to use it? The two times that I tried to use it I just felt lost and I didn't like having to take my footage out of FCP and into color.
lynda.com had a great tutorial... it was about 4 hours, but it covered EVERYTHING and was very easy to follow. As far as FCP>Color>FCP it's pretty seamless... Color has come a long way from it's earlier versions.
Andrew Waite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2009, 08:10 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Checked out lynda.com. Looks like they have some good stuff. So do you feel you're more efficient grading in Color now versus FCP?
Old January 12th, 2009, 08:20 PM   #19
Trustee

Andrew - great job all the way around on this one. I loved many many things about it. It really helps on these kinda shoots when the girl is great on camera and wants to be a star. It comes through somehow.

The song was a brilliant choice, perfect for the fashion shoot feel of this thing. That's how I'd classify this video actually, it's more of a fashion piece than a TTD. Whatever you call it, it was really good, you have reason to be proud.

-Ethan Cooper
Ethan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 02:43 PM   #20
Major Player

Travis,
Yes, although FCP has a great 3-way CC... it doesn't come close to the capabilities of Apple Color. Color just gives you so much more control of your grades than FCP alone.
Old January 13th, 2009, 02:49 PM   #21
Major Player

Ethan,
Thanks! Yeah, it was a blast! We've had a hard time classifying this type of shoot. We finally settled on "Bridal Feature" as to stay away from the coined and ever so used "Bridal Elegance" title. However, I'm still not quite happy with the title or term.

I just want something that makes sense, but is not limiting. It is what it is... an excuse for the bride to wear her dress again and make a sort of music video out of it. I would love to hear anyones ideas!
Old January 17th, 2009, 02:31 PM   #22
Major Player

hope this doesn't ruin it for you... but she is only 17, crazy huh?
Andrew Waite is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery