Trash The Dress + Lake + Winter = Brave Bride at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old January 9th, 2009, 11:37 AM   #1
Trash The Dress + Lake + Winter = Brave Bride
Andrew Waite Andrew Waite is offline January 9th, 2009, 11:37 AM

So I finally have a bride brave enough to get a little wet... and of course it's last week on one of the coldest days of the year. It doesn't get very cold in California (34 degrees that day), but there is no way I would have gotten in that water!

Anyway, it's a short 2 minute Pre-Wedding Bridal Feature. The dress she trashes at the end was a freebie dress... for those of you wondering about a pre-wedding trash the dress. As always all input (good or bad) is welcomed!

Bridal Feature Promo

Sorry for the funky link... I have an all flash website so I can't link directly to the video and I didn't want to have to explain how to navigate to the video. Enjoy!
RED One #6135 "Spartacus"

Andrew Waite
Major Player
Views: 2408
Old January 9th, 2009, 12:50 PM   #2
Trustee

Very fun shoot no doubt! Great quick cuts to match the feel of the song. I have to wonder how you bring up the topic of a TTD shoot. Do brides ask about it? Do you have it referenced on a page and they ask what that means?
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2009, 12:55 PM   #3
Major Player

nice, hot bride!
Scott Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2009, 12:59 PM   #4
Major Player

TTD shoots aren't well known in my area... yet. We just let our brides know about all the options that are available to them in our consultation. We also let them know that we are open to any of their suggestions as well. Believe it or not, I've had some of the best ideas come from the brides or their grooms.
Andrew Waite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2009, 01:01 PM   #5
Trustee

Nice work Andrew,

That A1, Brevis, Pilot combo work out really well. I thought the TTD part might have been when she sat down on the sidewalk in the dress.

That zoom/truck in shot in the railyard was cool to mix in. Do you remove the Brevis from the A1 when it's on the pilot?
Old January 9th, 2009, 01:05 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Diewert View Post
That zoom/truck in shot in the railyard was cool to mix in.
Second on the zoom out w/ push in shot. Very Hollywood look.
Old January 9th, 2009, 02:28 PM   #7
Major Player

Yeah, the A1+Brevis is too heavy for the Pilot. I just used two separate cameras on that shoot. The newer version of the Flyer is strong enough for fly an A1+Brevis, but would be a little challenging without a remote follow focus... but possible as Patrick at Stillmotion has already proven.
Old January 9th, 2009, 07:30 PM   #8
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Waite View Post
Yeah, the A1+Brevis is too heavy for the Pilot. I just used two separate cameras on that shoot. The newer version of the Flyer is strong enough for fly an A1+Brevis, but would be a little challenging without a remote follow focus... but possible as Patrick at Stillmotion has already proven.
well just because superman can do it doesn't mean everyone can. ;-)
Old January 12th, 2009, 01:50 PM   #9
Major Player

I wish I had a little more time with the bride... it's always hard when you are sharing a bride with a photographer. I would have given myself more time to nail some of those shots I wanted.
Old January 12th, 2009, 01:54 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Alright meant to post the other day, I'm calling shenanigans! She looks and acts like a model.

Kinda kidding kind of not, if that's your director skills at work then kudos to you sir. Good piece there.
Old January 12th, 2009, 01:55 PM   #11
Major Player

Oh.. the "Jaws" shot or dolly/truck zoom is a classic! It was a little tricky, I had my shooting partner stand off to the side with the remote control for the Canon A1 and zoom for me as I ran back and forth on the railroad tracks with the frickin' Steadicam Pilot.

It was really tough because the remote only has one zoom speed and it's pretty fast. So I really had to book it.. not to mention how hard it is to keep it steady the closer you get to the telephoto end of your lens. I'm pretty sure that particular shot is reversed as well.
Old January 12th, 2009, 03:48 PM   #12
Inner Circle

I posted the other day but something happened and my post apparently didn't go through I just noticed.

Anyways, very well done. Major kudos for whole dressing room scene. I think it's ever girl's dream (or at least MY wife's) to be a star in their very own "change into a bunch of different fun outfits" montage (like you see in nearly every chick flick). It was very well edited too.

My only gripe really was one shot on the train tracks where she is just staring at the camera (I think it's the 2nd shot or so). Anyways, the coloring didn't seem to fit with the rest of the video. Felt very flat, cold and real. Not a big deal, just one shot that stuck out for me.

Great job overall, though!
Old January 12th, 2009, 05:33 PM   #13
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Cossel View Post
My only gripe really was one shot on the train tracks where she is just staring at the camera (I think it's the 2nd shot or so). Anyways, the coloring didn't seem to fit with the rest of the video. Felt very flat, cold and real. Not a big deal, just one shot that stuck out for me.
Great job overall, though!
Thanks Travis,
You're right... the color is off... way off! I didn't notice until now, but that version is like two revisions from the final. I'll have to upload the final.
Good eye. I spend a good amount of time in COLOR tweaking... it's nice when someone actually takes notice. Thanks again!
Old January 12th, 2009, 05:37 PM   #14
Inner Circle

No problem. Are you saying you do your grading in Apple's Color, or did I misread that? If so, how are you liking the workflow?
Old January 12th, 2009, 05:43 PM   #15
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Cossel View Post
No problem. Are you saying you do your grading in Apple's Color, or did I misread that? If so, how are you liking the workflow?
Yeah, Apple Color. I love it, it takes a little getting used to at first, but it is such a powerful program that is included in FCP Studio! It has to be the most taken for granted piece of software out there.

The workflow is fine for me. It would be nice if it supported more formats, but Prores is nothing to complain about. It's quick and it gets the job done. I like Apple Color way better than Colorista and even Magic Bullet Looks.
Andrew Waite is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery