DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   5D Mark II in wedding (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/144017-5d-mark-ii-wedding.html)

SiuChung Leung February 17th, 2009 06:16 PM

5D Mark II in wedding

Hi all,

After 2 weeks of trail and experience, we finally put 5D Mark II into action. This is our 1st wedding with 5D Mark II.

Michelle & Joseph Wedding Trailer on Vimeo

1/3 of the footage came from 5D Mark II, mostly on bride preparation. Other footage are from JVC GY-HD101 and Canon XHA1. I think the picture is amazing. Due to the size of the camera, videographer can have a chance to try out some new and creative angle.

Nicholas de Kock February 17th, 2009 07:53 PM

5DII is definitely an amazing piece of hardware! I can see the 5DII becoming a standard tool in every wedding videographers kit. Production looks gorgeous.

SiuChung Leung February 17th, 2009 08:59 PM

it really take the production value to another level. For those who didn't apply 35mm adopter into weddings, 5D Mark II is a reasonable opinion

Yang Wen February 17th, 2009 09:12 PM

NIce job blending all the diff cams together! Very hard for me to tell which was which other than the DOF.

Was the kissing shot done with the 5D2? (too bad about that bump at the end :) )

I'm planning on shooting the preparation segment entirely with the 5D2, hopefully it'll match well with the HMC150..

SiuChung Leung February 18th, 2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yang Wen (Post 1013766)
NIce job blending all the diff cams together! Very hard for me to tell which was which other than the DOF.

Was the kissing shot done with the 5D2? (too bad about that bump at the end :) )

I'm planning on shooting the preparation segment entirely with the 5D2, hopefully it'll match well with the HMC150..

the kissing shot was done by 5D2 and bumped by the photographer...

I think you will be pleased if you use 5D2 to shoot Preparation since we have some control at preparation and you can try out different angles.

SiuChung Leung February 18th, 2009 09:45 PM

Yang, forgot to tell you about the post. It was a headache.

I am lucky enough to edit the 5D2 footage on Apple. Still, I need to convert the footage to Apple Intermediate code, then convert 30fps to 25fps, then speed it up in FCP in order to use it.

Sean Seah February 19th, 2009 08:38 AM

Great job. I have not be brave enuf to try it a real job with the 5D2 yet. How much time did u have to get the SDE done? Edited on a Macbook Pro I assume? How much time is required to convert to pro res b4 for an hr of footage?

SiuChung Leung February 19th, 2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Seah (Post 1014487)
Great job. I have not be brave enuf to try it a real job with the 5D2 yet. How much time did u have to get the SDE done? Edited on a Macbook Pro I assume? How much time is required to convert to pro res b4 for an hr of footage?

the video was a trailer, not a SDE. We are not brave enough to do a SDE with 5D2 yet.

about the time to convert, I am not really sure but I think it takes about 2~2.5hr on macpro

Sean Seah February 19th, 2009 06:08 PM

oh ya..ha ha thks.I will try somehing like that :)