5D Mark II in wedding at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old February 17th, 2009, 06:16 PM   #1
5D Mark II in wedding
SiuChung Leung SiuChung Leung is offline February 17th, 2009, 06:16 PM

Hi all,

After 2 weeks of trail and experience, we finally put 5D Mark II into action. This is our 1st wedding with 5D Mark II.

Michelle & Joseph Wedding Trailer on Vimeo

1/3 of the footage came from 5D Mark II, mostly on bride preparation. Other footage are from JVC GY-HD101 and Canon XHA1. I think the picture is amazing. Due to the size of the camera, videographer can have a chance to try out some new and creative angle.

SiuChung Leung
Major Player
Views: 2250
Old February 17th, 2009, 07:53 PM   #2
Major Player

5DII is definitely an amazing piece of hardware! I can see the 5DII becoming a standard tool in every wedding videographers kit. Production looks gorgeous.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2009, 08:59 PM   #3
Major Player

it really take the production value to another level. For those who didn't apply 35mm adopter into weddings, 5D Mark II is a reasonable opinion
Old February 17th, 2009, 09:12 PM   #4
Major Player

NIce job blending all the diff cams together! Very hard for me to tell which was which other than the DOF.

Was the kissing shot done with the 5D2? (too bad about that bump at the end :) )

I'm planning on shooting the preparation segment entirely with the 5D2, hopefully it'll match well with the HMC150..
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 12:22 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yang Wen View Post
NIce job blending all the diff cams together! Very hard for me to tell which was which other than the DOF.

Was the kissing shot done with the 5D2? (too bad about that bump at the end :) )

I'm planning on shooting the preparation segment entirely with the 5D2, hopefully it'll match well with the HMC150..
the kissing shot was done by 5D2 and bumped by the photographer...

I think you will be pleased if you use 5D2 to shoot Preparation since we have some control at preparation and you can try out different angles.
Old February 18th, 2009, 09:45 PM   #6
Major Player

Yang, forgot to tell you about the post. It was a headache.

I am lucky enough to edit the 5D2 footage on Apple. Still, I need to convert the footage to Apple Intermediate code, then convert 30fps to 25fps, then speed it up in FCP in order to use it.
Old February 19th, 2009, 08:38 AM   #7
Trustee

Great job. I have not be brave enuf to try it a real job with the 5D2 yet. How much time did u have to get the SDE done? Edited on a Macbook Pro I assume? How much time is required to convert to pro res b4 for an hr of footage?
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2009, 12:49 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Seah View Post
Great job. I have not be brave enuf to try it a real job with the 5D2 yet. How much time did u have to get the SDE done? Edited on a Macbook Pro I assume? How much time is required to convert to pro res b4 for an hr of footage?
the video was a trailer, not a SDE. We are not brave enough to do a SDE with 5D2 yet.

about the time to convert, I am not really sure but I think it takes about 2~2.5hr on macpro
Old February 19th, 2009, 06:08 PM   #9
Trustee

oh ya..ha ha thks.I will try somehing like that :)
Sean Seah is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery