Wedding video for you guys at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old May 13th, 2009, 12:44 PM   #1
Wedding video for you guys
Stelios Christofides Stelios Christofides is offline May 13th, 2009, 12:44 PM

It took me a long time to press the "Submit New Thread" button so I can have this video criticised, so to speak. I was feeling nervous really but eventually I know that all the advise you get here is like gold and I feel lucky that I am a member of this group of professional people.
Anyway let me have your commends on this wedding video clip done last Sunday.

Marios & Mary on Vimeo

Stelios

Stelios Christofides
Trustee
Views: 1084
Old May 13th, 2009, 02:47 PM   #2
Regular Crew

At 0:43 and 3:09 is that camera flash?

Is that what rolling shutter looks like in slow mode?
Marco Dias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 05:16 PM   #3
Major Player

Nice job Stelios. The video looks great and I thought it was put together well.
As far as the flashes, I still don't have a problem with the rolling shutter. Everyone want's their stuff to look more like film and CMOS acts more like film.
Rob Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 05:53 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Nice video. To add a little critic that would be only the slowmotion for my taste was a bit slow. 50% slower from normal speed is what I often use. Well done.
Asvaldur Kristjansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:26 PM   #5
Trustee

I really liked the cinematic intro but it seemed a bit much for the video itself - maybe it would have been better at the end?

great job, nice and smooth - I enjoyed watching it. It's a pity they weren't smiling more - it all seemed very serious - it looks like you are copping a withering stare from one of the mothers at 2:28

I think there was a jump cut at 3:14 and watching it again I'm aware of just how serious everyone is - is that a common thing in cyprus? - I'm wondering if there might have been an opportunity to capture more of the joy of the reception & dancing as a counterpoint to the gravity of the ceremony - just a thought.

great stuff - keep em comming, I think I learn something from every one I watch.
Old May 13th, 2009, 07:03 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Nice work, Stelios. I can see you've been improving things with this video.

For me there was a bit too much slow motion. I understand that the music is slow, but sometimes having some full-speed action onscreen can help lift a piece up.

Thanks for sharing. That was nice to watch.
Old May 14th, 2009, 03:49 AM   #7
Trustee

Thank you guys for your commends. I will be more careful next time with the slow motion. The music was from the film "Slumdog Millionaire" I loved the film.
Paul you are absolutely right about everyone being so serious even the bride and groom. It was one of the first wedding I have been that the atmosphere was so "serious" and cool. Can you believe it that I had to ask the groom to kiss the bride!!! and believe me there was NO dancing after the main dance. Most people left by 11:00pm!!! Anyway maybe the couple were shy. No in Cyprus we are not that serious. We are crazy people actually...lol

Stelios

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery