DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   NYC Wedding Trailer (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/458556-nyc-wedding-trailer.html)

Glen Elliott September 30th, 2009 05:50 PM

NYC Wedding Trailer

Had the opportunity to shoot in NYC recently. I don't often shoot up there as I'm located near Philly and mostly do gigs around that area. The wedding took place at the Plaza Hotel located directly across from the ultra-cool underground Manhattan Apple store. Of course I had to include a shot of it in the estabs. :)

http://www.gmelliottvideography.com/satnicktrailer.mov

PS This Chris Brown song has been very popular with brides since that youtube video of the dancing precessional....that, or it's just pure coincidence. Needless to say the music was the bride's choice.

Scott Hayes September 30th, 2009 06:11 PM

looks great man! love the treatment you have done with your titles.

Matt Barwick September 30th, 2009 06:46 PM

Nice work Glen - always look forward to seeing your stuff so thanks for sharing.

Very tight edit and great time shifting. The opening speech with the sand was superb.

Did you use any external lighting at all? Looked like it was all available light and looked really good.

Cheers,

Matt.

P.S. It was a really sloooow download for me. I'm not on a super fast connection - 1.5MB/s but it seemed to max out around 20kb/s.

Jerry Porter September 30th, 2009 08:37 PM

Well done, I really enjoyed it!!

Glen Elliott October 1st, 2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Barwick (Post 1419789)
Nice work Glen - always look forward to seeing your stuff so thanks for sharing.

Very tight edit and great time shifting. The opening speech with the sand was superb.

Did you use any external lighting at all? Looked like it was all available light and looked really good.

Cheers,

Matt.

P.S. It was a really sloooow download for me. I'm not on a super fast connection - 1.5MB/s but it seemed to max out around 20kb/s.

Good call- yes no additional light was used at all. Thanks for watching!

Glen Elliott October 1st, 2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Hayes (Post 1419677)
looks great man! love the treatment you have done with your titles.

Thanks Scott! Hey how are you- long time no speak!

Bill Vincent October 4th, 2009 06:00 PM

Beautiful work. Fabulous location. Just very nice... great job, Glen!

Kevin Lewis October 4th, 2009 06:12 PM

Glen,

What were yourcamera settings. Did you have to bump up the gain levels?

Glen Elliott October 4th, 2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Vincent (Post 1427730)
Beautiful work. Fabulous location. Just very nice... great job, Glen!

Hey, thanks Bill.

Glen Elliott October 4th, 2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Lewis (Post 1427736)
Glen,

What were yourcamera settings. Did you have to bump up the gain levels?

Yes most (if not all) of the reception footage was shot at +12db and 1/24th shutter.

Kevin Lewis October 4th, 2009 06:31 PM

wow +12, how did you avoid all the grain and the streaking withthe 1/24 setting?

Stephen J. Williams October 14th, 2009 07:21 AM

Glen...

I still remember a thread you commented on a couple months ago about having to push your camera to the limits in low light. You pull it off so well and this video was a wonderful example on backing up your words.

I loved it...

Steve

Dimitris Mantalias October 14th, 2009 10:46 AM

Amazing wedding and fantastic editing. But what impressed me most, was the fact that you have these results by using the camera at its very limits. It looks so smooth for 1/24!

Glen Elliott October 18th, 2009 07:35 AM

To be fair the footage and full resolution does have quite a bit more visible grain in it. The Ceremony was quite possibly the darkest environment I've ever shot in. Of course I was pushing the camera as far as I'm comfortable then pushing the mid-tones and highlights (standard color corrector) in post.

One of the unsung benefits to downconversion to SD DVD (and web) is it seems to help smooth noise out via the down-conversion. PS One of the keys to good low light performance is to NOT use any noise-reduction filters in camera.

Monday Isa October 18th, 2009 11:25 AM

"PS One of the keys to good low light performance is to NOT use any noise-reduction filters in camera."

hmmmm could you explain that in more detail Glen?