DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   long time... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/467482-long-time.html)

Yunisbel Marrero November 10th, 2009 07:09 PM

long time...

is being a long time i don't visit the website or post here.
here is my latest wedding from the past weekend...cc always welcome

thanks

Yunisbel Marrero November 12th, 2009 03:53 PM

wow!!!, it is too bad that nobody want's to comment?

Bill Vincent November 12th, 2009 05:31 PM

Hi Yunisbel,

Nice work, but you need to recheck your audio on the vows - it is very badly out of sync.

Hope this helps...

Bill

Vince Baker November 13th, 2009 07:19 AM

Hi, overall I liked it, built nicely and good choice of music.

A couple of things I did notice, the opening shot allthough very nice showed off some dirt on the lens (I am paranoid about this point, no matter how much you clean it something always seems to show on bright shots) and also at 1:10, your camera tracks pans and zooms across to the photo group shot, I would have cut this a bit later to avoid the panning.

Also, when they walk back down the aisle, it slightly lost focus. Nothing that the couple would notice but I wondered if the cam was on manual or was it the autofocus tracking?

Just a couple of observations, not specifically critising.

Yunisbel Marrero November 13th, 2009 09:40 AM

Fixed the audio issue, thanks bill

Vince... I always try to keep my lens clean, but as you said, you will notice that is still dirty when to focus on something bright.

I had the camera on manual focus except for the reception part. I'm still getting use to focus manually while moving around. Getting there.

Thank you again for the comments

Taky Cheung November 13th, 2009 10:44 AM

The video is too shaky for my taste.

Tom Hardwick November 13th, 2009 11:13 AM

Yes, too shaky for me too. The tracks are supposed to be stick-in-honey smooth and if not would be better as static shots in the opener, same with the pans and pull-focus - they really cry out for a tripod to give your film that 'watch me' call, and especially so if it's a trailer.

You have little zooms left in (the suits walking, into that face), and a person catches your eye left as you zoom into the group. Sorry, but it's all too wobbly and it's not a designed-in wobble, it's more as if you had the OIS turned off.

Don't be disheartened though - you've taken a brave pill to post it here, I realise that.

tom.

Yunisbel Marrero November 22nd, 2009 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taky Cheung (Post 1446886)
The video is too shaky for my taste.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Hardwick (Post 1446903)
Yes, too shaky for me too. The tracks are supposed to be stick-in-honey smooth and if not would be better as static shots in the opener, same with the pans and pull-focus - they really cry out for a tripod to give your film that 'watch me' call, and especially so if it's a trailer.

You have little zooms left in (the suits walking, into that face), and a person catches your eye left as you zoom into the group. Sorry, but it's all too wobbly and it's not a designed-in wobble, it's more as if you had the OIS turned off.

Don't be disheartened though - you've taken a brave pill to post it here, I realise that.

tom.

Is shaky because everything was handheld. I tried my best to keep it steady. I don't have the budget now for stabilization system. And I hate using tripod or monopod.
I made some change on this one now. Here is my setting

Canon XH-A1 30f between 30-90 shutter speed, true color preset
Color grading in Sony Vegas
Slow motion with twixtor (loves this software, make 30f slowmo more clean as you see)

Thanks all for the comments and your time