long time... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old November 10th, 2009, 07:09 PM   #1
long time...
Yunisbel Marrero Yunisbel Marrero is offline November 10th, 2009, 07:09 PM

is being a long time i don't visit the website or post here.
here is my latest wedding from the past weekend...cc always welcome

thanks

Yunisbel Marrero
Regular Crew
Views: 1006
Old November 12th, 2009, 03:53 PM   #2
Regular Crew

wow!!!, it is too bad that nobody want's to comment?
Old November 12th, 2009, 05:31 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi Yunisbel,

Nice work, but you need to recheck your audio on the vows - it is very badly out of sync.

Hope this helps...

Bill
Bill Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2009, 07:19 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi, overall I liked it, built nicely and good choice of music.

A couple of things I did notice, the opening shot allthough very nice showed off some dirt on the lens (I am paranoid about this point, no matter how much you clean it something always seems to show on bright shots) and also at 1:10, your camera tracks pans and zooms across to the photo group shot, I would have cut this a bit later to avoid the panning.

Also, when they walk back down the aisle, it slightly lost focus. Nothing that the couple would notice but I wondered if the cam was on manual or was it the autofocus tracking?

Just a couple of observations, not specifically critising.
Old November 13th, 2009, 09:40 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Fixed the audio issue, thanks bill

Vince... I always try to keep my lens clean, but as you said, you will notice that is still dirty when to focus on something bright.

I had the camera on manual focus except for the reception part. I'm still getting use to focus manually while moving around. Getting there.

Thank you again for the comments
Old November 13th, 2009, 10:44 AM   #6
Inner Circle

The video is too shaky for my taste.
Old November 13th, 2009, 11:13 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Yes, too shaky for me too. The tracks are supposed to be stick-in-honey smooth and if not would be better as static shots in the opener, same with the pans and pull-focus - they really cry out for a tripod to give your film that 'watch me' call, and especially so if it's a trailer.

You have little zooms left in (the suits walking, into that face), and a person catches your eye left as you zoom into the group. Sorry, but it's all too wobbly and it's not a designed-in wobble, it's more as if you had the OIS turned off.

Don't be disheartened though - you've taken a brave pill to post it here, I realise that.

tom.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2009, 12:19 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taky Cheung View Post
The video is too shaky for my taste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hardwick View Post
Yes, too shaky for me too. The tracks are supposed to be stick-in-honey smooth and if not would be better as static shots in the opener, same with the pans and pull-focus - they really cry out for a tripod to give your film that 'watch me' call, and especially so if it's a trailer.

You have little zooms left in (the suits walking, into that face), and a person catches your eye left as you zoom into the group. Sorry, but it's all too wobbly and it's not a designed-in wobble, it's more as if you had the OIS turned off.

Don't be disheartened though - you've taken a brave pill to post it here, I realise that.

tom.
Is shaky because everything was handheld. I tried my best to keep it steady. I don't have the budget now for stabilization system. And I hate using tripod or monopod.
I made some change on this one now. Here is my setting

Canon XH-A1 30f between 30-90 shutter speed, true color preset
Color grading in Sony Vegas
Slow motion with twixtor (loves this software, make 30f slowmo more clean as you see)

Thanks all for the comments and your time

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery