DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/)
-   -   a Prewedding Same Day Edit "My Life to Keep" (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-video-sample-clips-gallery/486646-prewedding-same-day-edit-my-life-keep.html)

Susanto Widjaja October 26th, 2010 05:17 AM

a Prewedding Same Day Edit "My Life to Keep"

So we tried to come up with a concept for this couple who are based in Jakarta, Indonesia. The bride wanted something that would surprise his groom on the wedding day and she wanted to shoot the prewedding in Bali. So we came up with this concept just for her. Then off we go to Bali for a 1 1/2 days shoot a few months ago, and also to Jakarta last week to shoot their wedding day and combined the footage together on the same day to be shown in the reception. Please enjoy, any comments/feedback is well appreciated :D

Santo

Jordan Brindle October 26th, 2010 06:21 AM

Captivating as always Susanto!!! So good.

Osmany Tellez October 26th, 2010 08:16 AM

Hello susanto.

Your work is for me an inspiration and I'm always amazed by it. BUT, this one left me a bit confused, the story didn't grab me. yes, the places were beautiful and shots were really good.

The story felt a bit empty...she was at a (beautiful) resort with a friend?????? then jumps to her in bed with (i think husband to be) doing a to do list, flipping thru Ipad??????? then wedding. I don't know..but this is what i got...maybe I'm missing stuff.

again, this is one humble student of your work....just in case it can help in anything i can..

I'm always looking forward to your next video...wanna see more and more.

Jordan Brindle October 26th, 2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osmany Tellez (Post 1582348)
Hello susanto.

Your work is for me an inspiration and I'm always amazed by it. BUT, this one left me a bit confused, the story didn't grab me. yes, the places were beautiful and shots were really good.

The story felt a bit empty...she was at a (beautiful) resort with a friend?????? then jumps to her in bed with (i think husband to be) doing a to do list, flipping thru Ipad??????? then wedding. I don't know..but this is what i got...maybe I'm missing stuff.

again, this is one humble student of your work....just in case it can help in anything i can..

She was in bed with her friend in the hotel room, and that's when she started reminiscing over the pictures, and i guess writing a to-do list for the wedding preparations and such.

Susanto Widjaja October 26th, 2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan Brindle (Post 1582300)
Captivating as always Susanto!!! So good.

Thanks so much Jordan :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osmany Tellez (Post 1582348)
Hello susanto.

Thanks a lot Osmany. I'm glad for your honest opinion. Jordan has explained it quiet well. I will keep your opinion for the next project to try making it more obvious. Basically she's going on holiday with her friend (maid of honor, I should've shown her on the wedding day clips). Then she was reminiscing her fiancee on her ipad photos, then she decides to write a special note to be given to him on the wedding day.

Santo

Aaron Jones October 27th, 2010 01:46 PM

I have to agree with Osmany on this one. I feel that the first two minutes really on the visuals to drive the story. Since we just see Monica enjoying the time with her friend we don't know why she is there and not with her man. Yes, we can see she is reflecting on the guy on the ipad later, but it takes so long to get to this I can see why this can seem a little confusing. It would have helped to have some vocals from Monica to assist this (although maybe the couple were uncomfortable in doing this then).

The visuals are stunning as always and you drive the piece with a great pace......but you know that anyway.

Susanto Widjaja November 8th, 2010 09:02 AM

Aaron: Yep! I have nothing to defend against that. We should've shown the maid of honor's face more clearly. Our films tend to not have much spoken dialog.

Thanks for your comment :)

Santo