a Prewedding Same Day Edit "My Life to Keep" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old October 26th, 2010, 05:17 AM   #1
a Prewedding Same Day Edit "My Life to Keep"
Susanto Widjaja Susanto Widjaja is offline October 26th, 2010, 05:17 AM

So we tried to come up with a concept for this couple who are based in Jakarta, Indonesia. The bride wanted something that would surprise his groom on the wedding day and she wanted to shoot the prewedding in Bali. So we came up with this concept just for her. Then off we go to Bali for a 1 1/2 days shoot a few months ago, and also to Jakarta last week to shoot their wedding day and combined the footage together on the same day to be shown in the reception. Please enjoy, any comments/feedback is well appreciated :D

Santo

Susanto Widjaja
Major Player
Views: 1431
Old October 26th, 2010, 06:21 AM   #2
Major Player

Captivating as always Susanto!!! So good.
Jordan Brindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 08:16 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hello susanto.

Your work is for me an inspiration and I'm always amazed by it. BUT, this one left me a bit confused, the story didn't grab me. yes, the places were beautiful and shots were really good.

The story felt a bit empty...she was at a (beautiful) resort with a friend?????? then jumps to her in bed with (i think husband to be) doing a to do list, flipping thru Ipad??????? then wedding. I don't know..but this is what i got...maybe I'm missing stuff.

again, this is one humble student of your work....just in case it can help in anything i can..

I'm always looking forward to your next video...wanna see more and more.
Old October 26th, 2010, 11:18 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmany Tellez View Post
Hello susanto.

Your work is for me an inspiration and I'm always amazed by it. BUT, this one left me a bit confused, the story didn't grab me. yes, the places were beautiful and shots were really good.

The story felt a bit empty...she was at a (beautiful) resort with a friend?????? then jumps to her in bed with (i think husband to be) doing a to do list, flipping thru Ipad??????? then wedding. I don't know..but this is what i got...maybe I'm missing stuff.

again, this is one humble student of your work....just in case it can help in anything i can..

She was in bed with her friend in the hotel room, and that's when she started reminiscing over the pictures, and i guess writing a to-do list for the wedding preparations and such.
Jordan Brindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 05:26 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Brindle View Post
Captivating as always Susanto!!! So good.
Thanks so much Jordan :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmany Tellez View Post
Hello susanto.

Thanks a lot Osmany. I'm glad for your honest opinion. Jordan has explained it quiet well. I will keep your opinion for the next project to try making it more obvious. Basically she's going on holiday with her friend (maid of honor, I should've shown her on the wedding day clips). Then she was reminiscing her fiancee on her ipad photos, then she decides to write a special note to be given to him on the wedding day.

Santo
Old October 27th, 2010, 01:46 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I have to agree with Osmany on this one. I feel that the first two minutes really on the visuals to drive the story. Since we just see Monica enjoying the time with her friend we don't know why she is there and not with her man. Yes, we can see she is reflecting on the guy on the ipad later, but it takes so long to get to this I can see why this can seem a little confusing. It would have helped to have some vocals from Monica to assist this (although maybe the couple were uncomfortable in doing this then).

The visuals are stunning as always and you drive the piece with a great pace......but you know that anyway.
Old November 8th, 2010, 09:02 AM   #7
Major Player

Aaron: Yep! I have nothing to defend against that. We should've shown the maid of honor's face more clearly. Our films tend to not have much spoken dialog.

Thanks for your comment :)

Santo

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery