Key West Wedding - Behind the Scenes at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old July 8th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #1
Key West Wedding - Behind the Scenes
Eric Coughlin Eric Coughlin is offline July 8th, 2013, 12:14 PM

This is various behind the scenes footage from filming a destination wedding in Key West, Florida. Most of the footage is from us packing, traveling, shooting the day before the wedding, as well as preparations the day of the wedding. During the ceremony and reception we were mostly too busy getting our primary shots to worry about behind the scenes. All in all, it was a fun shoot.

And here, the resulting wedding film...

Eric Coughlin
Regular Crew
Views: 1873
Old July 8th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Key West Wedding - Behind the Scenes

That 'behind the scenes' video will be a fantastic marketing tool to place on your website (if you haven't already) ...

Shows the equipment, effort and skills required to get the job done! And that's just the filming part ... not to mention all the editing!

Good stuff guys!
James Manford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 09:18 AM   #3
Trustee

I was pretty impressed by the vertical slides. What sort of tripod are you using to get the 90 degree tilt, if you don't mind my asking?
Adrian Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2013, 07:12 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks!

The tripod is a basic Manfrotto 055XB legs with a 503 head. Yeah, it's cool you can do smooth vertical slides on the Kessler Stealth (thanks to drag control) without the need for an additional counterweight system like the Cinevate has. I really like the Stealth.
Eric Coughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #5
Major Player

very well done! Nice pacing and shot selection - you really told the story nicely. Like the BTS too!

Art
Old July 13th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #6
Major Player

Fantastic! I really enjoyed the BTS. This type of video shows just how much work goes into producing this type of production. Did you shoot 24 or 30p?
Kevin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2013, 01:16 AM   #7
Regular Crew

It was shot in 30p. I now shoot all of my videos in 24p, though.
Old July 14th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
It was shot in 30p. I now shoot all of my videos in 24p, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
Thanks!

The tripod is a basic Manfrotto 055XB legs with a 503 head. Yeah, it's cool you can do smooth vertical slides on the Kessler Stealth (thanks to drag control) without the need for an additional counterweight system like the Cinevate has. I really like the Stealth.
I'm about to buy the stealth. What options did you pick with it?
Victor Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I got the All-Terrain Outrigger Feet and Kessler Flat Mount Adapter (which you need to mount a head to the slider); I always use a Manfrotto 701 Head on the slider. I used to always have the all terrain legs on, but found it made the unit unnecessarily bulky and heavy when not needed (such as for tripod mounted slides), so now I only use it when on rough terrain.

For awhile I was going back and forth between getting the two foot or three foot version, and I'm glad I went with the two foot version. I was using a Konova Slider before the Stealth and never liked it; too wobbly, plus no drag control. The Key West shoot here was actually my first shoot with the Stealth. Here is a more recent video I shot where about half of the shots are with the Stealth.
Old July 14th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #10
Major Player

Thank you so much. You told me everything I need to know. I have the Konova right now and It has so many problems. Also Glad to know that you liked the 2 feet version better.
Victor Nguyen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery