I hope bride's mom has a sense of humor - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old November 2nd, 2007, 01:19 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce S. Yarock View Post
Steven.
That "sister act" that you mentioned sounds interesting.
I was using a tripod on a dolly, and luckilly it was a smooth floor so that I could move around. I use a 50 watt Frezzi on camera light powered by an Anton bauer dionic 90. Most of these venues are so dark, that without the light, you'd have nothing.
Mike,
Bruce S. Yarock
www.yarock.com
I was wondering about the dolly, that was my first thought. I use a dolly too, I live off of it at receptions. I liked your lighting, my complements, I have a pag 6 with a 10/20/30 watt. I'll have to look at your light, i.e. I need a second light for second cam.

Do you have something like this? http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...l_50_Watt.html
Old November 2nd, 2007, 01:28 PM   #17
Regular Crew

what's the big deal

Yea, I don't think there's anything wrong with this clip, except for bad dancing..hehe..I feel like anything that people do on the dancefloor at a wedding is fair game, especially if they know that someone is filming..

now, it's a different story if you snuck up on some family drama or lewd behaviour and recorded it unbeknownst to them and stuck it in the video, but I'd have no problem putting this particular clip in the final edit...if the bride said it's ok
Brendan Donohue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2007, 02:47 AM   #18
Trustee

Steven,
Tht's the Frezzi I use, except that I bought mine with the cable to hook up to the Canon XL goldmount and powered by an AB Dionic 90, mounted on the old mount. I also bought the softbox, which is expensive,but essential. I started using it on my XL2, and now it's on my XLH1. I wouldn't go anywhere without it.
Bruce S. Yarock
www.yarock.com
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2007, 02:49 AM   #19
Trustee

Steven,
I forgot to say thanks fo the compliment (it's 4:30 am...).
Bruce
www.yarock.com
Old November 3rd, 2007, 07:45 AM   #20
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce S. Yarock View Post
Steven,
Tht's the Frezzi I use, except that I bought mine with the cable to hook up to the Canon XL goldmount and powered by an AB Dionic 90, mounted on the old mount. I also bought the softbox, which is expensive,but essential. I started using it on my XL2, and now it's on my XLH1. I wouldn't go anywhere without it.
Bruce S. Yarock
www.yarock.com

Yeah, I am really thinking of getting a softbox, pag doesn't offer one with the pag 6. So I might be doing something else.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 10:21 AM   #21
Major Player

What Dolly are you guys using??
Old November 3rd, 2007, 10:29 AM   #22
Inner Circle

I kept searching in the background to see if Dawg the Bounty Hunter was looking for bail jumpers.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2007, 12:03 PM   #23
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Davis View Post
I use a dolly too, I live off of it at receptions.
Since this has turned into a "dolly" thread I need to ask you guys that use these things... don't you really stick out when pushing this thing around across the floor?

Maybe I'm too timid or have the wrong idea about it but I just see this thing as potentially distracting.
Rick Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2007, 01:04 PM   #24
Major Player

Brian,
The Dawg is gone. politically incorrect!?
Old November 3rd, 2007, 09:11 PM   #25
Trustee

I use a manfrotto 3198, and it works with the two Bogen tripods I have, The tripod on dolly does stick out a bit, but has several benefits.
1- It looks professional, and people tend to get out of your way (relatives with cell phone p+s cameras and $200 camcorders).
2- You can laeve it stationary for nice steady shots,or
3- If there's space , and if the floor is smooth, you can pull it along and get some nice,. smooth dolly type shots, and tracking shots.
4- It's also nice for interviews if everyone is at tables and you have room to move around.
Some photographers complain, but I'll keep using it because it really helps the footage.
have fun
Bruce S. Yarock
www.yarock.com
Old November 3rd, 2007, 09:30 PM   #26
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Steele View Post
Since this has turned into a "dolly" thread I need to ask you guys that use these things... don't you really stick out when pushing this thing around across the floor?

Maybe I'm too timid or have the wrong idea about it but I just see this thing as potentially distracting.
I have a quickset dolly with big wheels that I got a yard sale for 10 bucks........yep good deal.

As for sticking out, yeah, you do, but if you plan right and move around adjusting to what is going on, it works well. I also will use it in ceremonys, from the back. It's one of the best investments ever.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques