Wedding Lighting - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old June 2nd, 2008, 10:10 AM   #46
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deniz Ahmet View Post
Filter holder is poor design. Lfit the flap and the filter always falls out. I never use it anyway mind.
The strange thing is that my filter fell out at some point while I was shooting. It didn't fall out because I was opening the filter door. I didn't even see it fall out.

Don, thanks for the tips on fixing the filter door and battery compartment. I've seen you post those before and was really just expressing my dissatisfaction with the fact that I paid $300 for a light that immediately requires "do-it-yourself" fixing.

All things said, I still like the light and will be using it A LOT more than my Bescor.
Old July 8th, 2008, 06:23 AM   #47
Regular Crew

Lighting

This is probably the toughest area for wedding shooters. Many/most of the weddings I shoot have a lighting designer lighting the venue so placing a big ole' light anywhere would kill the atmosphere. Trouble is the LD's lights don't help be a bit, they are usually under tables lights or accent lights. I've been using a micro frezzi on with a dimmer. It's worked well, but I'm shooting with a XL1S, so that means I need to lug a battery belt when using my Frezzi which is a pain in the ass.

I saw a behind the scenes show on the making of The Real World. One of the Grips rigged this little battery operated Chinese Lantern that the could take into restaurants and bars and place on the table to light the faces of the characters. It's small enough to shoot around and gave off a nice soft light. If you're a Grip and are reading this, mass produce this little gem, thousands of wedding videographers will be in your debt.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques