Show off your Wedding / Event post production studio! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home

Home, Away From Home
Studio Space (Home) and Traveling Tips (Away From Home).

Old September 5th, 2008, 11:16 AM   #1
Major Player

Show off your Wedding / Event post production studio!

So we all see your work, now show us where it is you work.

I'll start:

I am currently working on it, still cleaning, organizing, and such but figured i'd take a picture and show you the progress.

MobileMe Gallery

The computer is a mac pro 8x 3.0ghz 12GB ram there are 4 TB of hd's internal and 3 external. battery back ups, and a deck. There is also a macbook and a macbook pro on the left. Some cameras floating around, they are the ones I use often enough that I don't keep them away because i'll want to grab one quick and run and shoot.
Louis Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2008, 01:02 PM   #2
New Boot

you and I have the same desk! *high five*
will post a pic when I get home
Craig Demaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2008, 08:27 PM   #3
Major Player

Cool setup Louis - and great idea for a thread.

Here's a few pics from my studio:

Pic #1 - Couches and viewing area
Pic #2 - My very messy desk(s) - my excuse is that I've been out of town for a few days
Pic #3 - The outside of our building - my office is upstairs on the 1st floor
Pic #4 - Studio space - we share the building with 2 photographers. I don't use this area much
Pic #5 - Different angle of the couches and viewing area
Pic #6 - A couple of pics stitched together
Pic #7 & 8 - Before and After shots from when we did the renovations

Here's a short timelapse from the renovations - Ebenezer Films Blog Archive New Premises - Timelapse

We're pretty lucky to have such a great space - our studio is located in a funky alley way right in the middle of town. I'd love to separate the areas for client viewings and where I work but people are pretty understanding - and it helps to sometimes show clients the equipment used in producing their videos.

Cheers! Can't wait to see more of other people's spaces.

Matthew.
Attached Thumbnails
Show off your Wedding / Event post production studio!-couches1.jpg   Show off your Wedding / Event post production studio!-desk.jpg  

Show off your Wedding / Event post production studio!-outside.jpg   Show off your Wedding / Event post production studio!-studio.jpg  

Show off your Wedding / Event post production studio!-tv.jpg   Show off your Wedding / Event post production studio!-panorama.jpg  

Show off your Wedding / Event post production studio!-beforeandafter2.jpg   Show off your Wedding / Event post production studio!-beforeandafter3.jpg  

Old September 5th, 2008, 09:20 PM   #4
Major Player

Wow beautiful. Mine is still in my bedroom. It used to have its own room but we're doing contstruction so I had to move into my studio.. In any event I would love to have a studio not in my house like you, but I don't make nearly enough money.
Old September 5th, 2008, 09:27 PM   #5
Major Player

Give it time. I worked out of home in tiny bedrooms for the first two years - we've only been in our current space for just on a year now.
Old September 7th, 2008, 07:26 PM   #6
Major Player

only me and matt think this was a good idea? :(

Thought it would have been awesome to see your studios! take pictures!
Old September 8th, 2008, 12:02 AM   #7
Regular Crew

my "office"

not much to look at really, although I'm planning a small reno shortly, just repainting to be rid of the yellow walls.
Matt, love your space, I may pop up to Toowoomba in the next couple of months, so if you're in town I might pop in, would love to talk shop. This room was a bedroom when we bought, but we needed an office, so at the expense of the guest bedroom there you have it, I converted the walk in robe to a soundbooth, as I occasionally do voiceovers as well.

I have to agree with Louis, can't wait to have a detached office, although it's likely I would still work from home just need to find a place with a detached shed or building.

Cheers
Darren
Attached Thumbnails
Show off your Wedding / Event post production studio!-my-office.jpg  
Darren Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 12:45 AM   #8
Major Player

Looks good Darren ... brings back some fond memories of my old room and setup. Definitely let me know if you make it to Toowoomba, it'd be great to catch up.
Old September 8th, 2008, 07:09 AM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Smith View Post
not much to look at really, although I'm planning a small reno shortly, just repainting to be rid of the yellow walls.
Matt, love your space, I may pop up to Toowoomba in the next couple of months, so if you're in town I might pop in, would love to talk shop. This room was a bedroom when we bought, but we needed an office, so at the expense of the guest bedroom there you have it, I converted the walk in robe to a soundbooth, as I occasionally do voiceovers as well.

I have to agree with Louis, can't wait to have a detached office, although it's likely I would still work from home just need to find a place with a detached shed or building.

Cheers
Darren
I like the setup. I find that in order to have a nice studio you need to have a solid desk. It looks like I will have to buy one next time I have some extra cash flow. Everybody's desks are so nice when you can't see the wires under them.
Old September 8th, 2008, 08:21 AM   #10
Regular Crew

A work in progress...

The future office/studio.... behold.

Couldn't resist posting since we are in the building stage, but I will be sure to repost when its done. They say by November we should be able to move in to our new home, and my home office/studio is one of my first projects to finish.
Attached Thumbnails
Show off your Wedding / Event post production studio!-img_0668a.jpg  

Last edited by Dawn Brennan; September 8th, 2008 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Link not working right
Dawn Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 10:02 AM   #11
Major Player

Here is my office that is already becoming too small, but it's where I meet all of my clients. We just work out of our home and most of the work (video) is done right here. We have some backdrops and studio lighting setup in the basement for photo but don't use it much as everything is usually shot on location.

Matt
Attached Thumbnails
Show off your Wedding / Event post production studio!-img_5979.jpg   Show off your Wedding / Event post production studio!-img_5980.jpg  

Show off your Wedding / Event post production studio!-img_5981.jpg  
Matt Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 02:37 PM   #12
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Bishop View Post
Here is my office that is already becoming too small, but it's where I meet all of my clients. We just work out of our home and most of the work (video) is done right here. We have some backdrops and studio lighting setup in the basement for photo but don't use it much as everything is usually shot on location.

Matt
Very Nice! What are all the certificates for?
Old September 8th, 2008, 02:58 PM   #13
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Maddalena View Post
Very Nice! What are all the certificates for?
Those are a mix of award certificates and associations that we belong to. There are also the two college diplomas on the other wall. My wife and I both studied the overall field that we're in so I have those displayed also.
Matt Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2008, 05:37 PM   #14
Major Player

booo my thread was a flop!
Old September 23rd, 2008, 06:01 PM   #15
Trustee

Holy LCDs batman.... that is a lot of huge LCD TVs!
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home