What purchases would you not trade for the world? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 31st, 2009, 10:11 AM   #31
Major Player

I would have to say besides my GPS & Blackberry...

The H4n Zoom must be one of my best purchases to date. It's cheap, I didn't have to lose any sleep and it's so damn useful!
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 10:52 AM   #32
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen J. Williams View Post
I had a fun time reading this thread the first time around....

Remote lights - I actually built this following the same principles as the guy who developed the reception lighting. I have 2 50W lights on separate stands operated wirelessly. There not to bright and can put them out of the way.... The best thing about them is no more people telling me how bright my video light is and then turning away :-)

steve
Steve - I'm thinking of building a reception light too. What did you use for the wireless remote? Ideally I'd like to be able power on and dim remotely. I saw a Hunter fan remote at Home Depot that might fit the bill but couldn't find the wattage rating.

Art
Art Varga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 12:07 PM   #33
Major Player

Art, I built lights with wireless switches which I got from a company called ClickOn (ClickOn Remote Control System for Wireless Home Automation, and Electronic Visitor and Resident Access Control for Estates). Although this engineering company is based in South Africa I'm sure if you look around your area you will find something similar, they fall under home automation.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 04:39 PM   #34
Major Player

Hey art.

I picked my remotes off if eBay from a company for 15? They are small and work great.
The problem with the hunter controllers (I could be wrong) is that they work off of ac power (the receiver). Pm mr if you have any ?s

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques