"Green" Footage? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old December 16th, 2008, 08:50 PM   #1
Major Player

"Green" Footage?

How many of you have ever used footage from one wedding in another wedding? Maybe all 3 of your shots had someone stand in front of them, or whatnot, but the shot couldn't be used. The B-roll you had from that wedding was shot, but didn't fit, but you remember you just shot a wedding at this church last year at this time. I've only done a minor number, but I didn't know if this was ever done. Does this happen?

Last edited by Alex Sprinkle; December 16th, 2008 at 09:51 PM. Reason: incomplete sentence
Alex Sprinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2008, 09:21 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I have not.. but I suppose as a last resort, I could. Say if I didn't get an establishing shot of the outside of the Church/ Venue.. That would probably be it.
Tim Harjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2008, 01:15 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Harjo View Post
Say if I didn't get an establishing shot of the outside of the Church/ Venue.. That would probably be it.
I have done this... quite deliberately. I have several weddings at a couple local churches, and as long as the season/decor match, I reuse it. That way, I know I have a solid shot to use, verses shooting again. Sometimes I'll play around and get creative knowing that I have a back up at home.

BUT I have never done it during the ceremony or anything... although it would be funny to see if they notice that they don't know a single person at the church!
Dawn Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2008, 08:34 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I have done this with scene setting exteriors of the town or venue. Not because there was a problem but because I could be more efficient on the day of shoot knowing those were already in the can.
Old December 20th, 2008, 08:55 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I've actually compiled a folder of various establishing shots for popular venue's and churches around Chicago. Saves time on the day and your back by not having to lug camera+tripod lord knows how far to get a nice shot of the church/hall. Just make sure there's no giveaways in the shot..
Jaron Tauch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques