IRiver T30 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old February 14th, 2006, 07:38 PM   #16
Regular Crew

While it is too bad that the T30 doesn't have a mic level input, I think that it might still be useful on a line level input, like the DJ's board or a church PA. Has anyone had experience using the T30 that way? I might consider getting one to use with line level sources. Neverless I am going to be very careful not to loose any of my 700, and 800 series iRivers.
Alan Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 11:17 PM   #17
Trustee

Are there any other flash based recorders with mic level input? I found that minidisk recorders were a bit heavy. The high-density minidisk look nice, but putting that in someone's pocket might be a bit too much. Heck, with something like an Iriver, a flash recorder could probably mic a BRIDE they are so small.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 11:27 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Alan,

That brings up and interesting question. If you use the iriver pluged into the DJs board is that a copyright violation. Now if you use Irivers with giant squids near the speakers is that a copyright violation. The question is how far from the speakers would you technically have to be to make it legal. What if the DJ is using a microphone for toasts etc does the music now become secondary and therefor you could be legally pluged into his board?

Mike
Mike F Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2006, 04:43 AM   #19
Tourist

T-30

I have a T-30 for 2 months now & use it for recoding programs off a radio using the line in, works great.
I have read previously in this thread conflicting information about using a mic on the T30. Does anyone know for certain if a Powered mic, such as the Lavalier lapel (ATR35-S) would work in the IRiver T30?
I really want to get a mic for it this week.

SW
Steve Wixom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2006, 04:05 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Steve,

From what I have been able to find out many of the mp3 players have a line in and will work with a powered microphone. Giant squid does have a small power unit that they sell for $60.

Mike
Mike F Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques