bridal prep at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old September 29th, 2006, 11:37 AM   #1
New Boot

bridal prep

Hi. My name is Kelly Coote and I'm new here. My wife and I started our part-time wedding video business two years ago. We shoot together and I do the editing. Although we have found there is a steep learning curve and significant costs at every step, we both enjoy helping people capture their special day. There is no greater job satisfaction than when you see a bride and groom crying as they watch your video.

Here is a bride prep we did in August. Your comments are welcome.

http://blip.tv/file/get/KellyCoote-B...erYoung228.wmv

My thanks to blip.tv for hosting our clip for free.
Kelly Coote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2006, 12:02 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Happy

I really liked the clip. I think that you captured the bridge as being very happy. I liked the closeups of the dress etc. The teddybears was a nice touch as well, because it extended the 'preparation' from just that day, to she's been preparing a life time for this day. I'm not sure that's what you were going for with the bears, but that's what I got from it.

I would have probably tried to ride in the carriage with them if that was possible.

Good stuff.
Old September 29th, 2006, 04:40 PM   #3
Major Player

The audio was unconfortably mixed, however I think if you were to add cross-fades, and possibly reduced room tone a little, I would not be able to find something wrong with it. The video was well done. Good job, keep up the good work, and I am glad you are enjoying the feild.
Louis Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2006, 05:20 PM   #4
New Boot

Thanks Steven and Louis for the feedback.

For some reason I find getting the right audio levels to be quite challenging sometimes. I tried to bring in the natural audio based on what it sounded like over the speakers but maybe I should be also be looking at the volume levels in the editor as well for more precision.
Kelly Coote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2006, 10:05 AM   #5
Major Player

Yes it could do with a little tidying up but that is top-notch work, you certainly have the eye. Well done - very creative very fresh approach
Doug Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2006, 02:43 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I really liked your transitioins and strait cuts.

Mike
Mike F Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques