Anyone with Vehicle Branding? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old April 21st, 2007, 07:57 PM   #16
Regular Crew

We show up in our stealth SUV. Same make, model and color as many bridal limos. The only thing that gives it away is that it's not a stretch version. This way we sort of blend in and at the same time give a subtle hint of quality.
Allen W
Allen Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2007, 11:10 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Williams View Post
We show up in our stealth SUV. Same make, model and color as many bridal limos. The only thing that gives it away is that it's not a stretch version. This way we sort of blend in and at the same time give a subtle hint of quality.
Allen W

....and????? So, do you put logos on your car or not? We all show up in some kind of car, truck or suv.
Joe Allen Rosenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:39 PM   #18
Inner Circle

"Also it allows us to write off the expenses of our vehicle, and up to $800.00 a month of payments per year. "

wierd..
my entire car, fuel, maintenance, registration etc etc is written off on tax.. about 7 to 8 a year... as a businesss expense..

Its a standard Ford sedan (dunno what you call them in the US) but the payments of the car itself, plus everytign related to it is written off on tax.

Its under a hire purchase, where you buy the car, on an agreement of hiring it, with a final balloon payment. Once "hired" the payments u make are actual repayments for the ownership of the vehicle itself.
THis works a treat as in lets say 2 years, u decide u want another car, u jsut trade it in and transfer the entire account to the new car..
You dont even have to pay off the old one.. (EXCEPT for the balloon payment <which is the estimated devaluation of teh vehicle itself>
From there though, that balloon payment of teh first car can be added to the second..
In turn u can keep doing this for as long as u like..

Another thign is to always purchase insurance on teh loan itself, as jsut in case u cannot make a payment during injury or quiet times (yeah right) ur covered, <ie they insurer wil pay those repayments until youre back on your feet>

sorry swaying off topic
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 11:56 AM   #19
Regular Crew

I work full time in the print industry and vehicle graphics are an exploding trend. I can tell you that those who do decide to add graphic "wraps" to their vehicle almost always experience a significant jump in the number of leads they get (I can't speak the part about being an easier target for theft- first I've heard).

It's getting easier and cheaper for printers to do this which is good and bad. Good because it's more widely available and for constantly lower pricing. Bad because you have guys with no idea what they are doing trying to do it which can result in substandard work that won't last (a lot like the wedding video business!) If you decide to go with a vehicle wrap, email me and I can probably recommend a reputable installer/designer in your area.
Paul J Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2007, 01:34 PM   #20
Regular Crew

I'm taking it a small step at a time. I'm starting with the Lic Plate, and as business grows, who knows.
Attached Images

Vince Lucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2007, 01:55 PM   #21
Inner Circle

I have a color matching vinyl sign on my rear window which inculdes an unlisted phone number and website along with my name and video production. And about drawing attention to yourself, it's a little late for that, since the color of my truck is labelled 'solar yellow.' hehe. I would say that I have received one wedding directly from the sign.

I can see where people are concerned about having thier stuff stolen. But security has a lot to do with it. Keep your gear close, locked, alarm system etc.

Either way, I like my sign, but I can see a day when I won't have it.
Old April 30th, 2007, 09:44 PM   #22
Major Player

Cruiser

I have advertising on my vehicle. It seems to generate a nice response. I park it out in front of my studio and people stop in saying they have seen the car on the road, then saw it in the parking lot, and realized where I am located!

It is cheap advertising and provides repitition.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone with Vehicle Branding?-cruiser_web.jpg  
Old May 1st, 2007, 11:10 AM   #23
Regular Crew

oh boy do i feel sorry for you....you bought a PT-Loser too. My wife has one and for some strange reason it has to be trailered to a city 45 miles away to be worked on at least every 2 months (local dealership will not work on the car since we did not buy from them)

Seriously though the graphics look cool on that. It is simple but effective. I am impressed
www.bandwagonhd.com
Timothy Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 01:00 PM   #24
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Harry View Post
oh boy do i feel sorry for you....you bought a PT-Loser too. My wife has one and for some strange reason it has to be trailered to a city 45 miles away to be worked on at least every 2 months (local dealership will not work on the car since we did not buy from them)

I am just over 99k miles and am running just fine... knock on wood :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques